DURHAM CAME!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
You're inherent bias is clouding what should be transparent objectivity of what actually went down with all involved at upper level FBI during 2016 into early 2017. Most have already made very clear how they wanted Trump "out of the way", before and after election.

Not sure how you felt I was getting so defensive, but whatever. Just basing comments on age old facts and new revelations (finally released, after years of trying).

Carter page was already a CIA operative prior in years past. But when he decided to briefly work for Trump, they decided to paint him as some kind of double-agent Russian spy Mini-me, for pure political weaponization. Then use it as a window to spin it 180 into a FISA warrant (by manipulating/lying about "intel" now proven fully bogus).

The rest is history and will be uncovered from the bottom up. How far up, is hard to tell at this point?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The plea agreement hasn't been filed yet...I suspect it's because there was an issue with the random judge assignment as this court handles a lot of DOJ type stuff and has several ex-FISA judges. Once filed it will be public and it should be clear if this is a one off prosecution or a cooperating witness deal. I doubt it's a one off because the crime he was charged with is the most benign charge they could file given the circumstances.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I'm guessing it was a plea bargain for "cooperation".

Otherwise, I would think he'd plead not guilty and run it out in the courts for weeks/months.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The plea agreement hasn't been filed yet...I suspect it's because there was an issue with the random judge assignment as this court handles a lot of DOJ type stuff and has several ex-FISA judges. Once filed it will be public and it should be clear if this is a one off prosecution or a cooperating witness deal. I doubt it's a one off because the crime he was charged with is the most benign charge they could file given the circumstances.
Doug, what do you make of the claim that Durham is treating a counter intelligence investigation as a FARA investigation?

This is not a trick question or a trap.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Doug, what do you make of the claim that Durham is treating a counter intelligence investigation as a FARA investigation?

This is not a trick question or a trap.
I think it's nonsense. He is conducting a criminal investigation of the conduct of those involved in crossfire hurricane. The distinction of counterintellegence or FARA doesn't matter. No reasonable person has tried to make that excuse. Everything is covered by written law and statute. If someone operated outside of those and Durham can meet the standard required by the DOJ to bring charges, he will. If everything was on the up and up...he won't.

Obviously a FBI attorney is not allowed to change the wording of an email written by another party and forward that on for the file. We can agree on that....right?

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I doubt it's a one off because the crime he was charged with is the most benign charge they could file given the circumstances.
that's possible, but this guy needs to show results so it's equally plausible
that he's charging anything and everything he can to appease barr and trump

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I wish I could get a unbiased take on this.

Doug and the Surfdog are all for trump.

Barr's and Trump's shitty ethos isn't an issue for them.

Nor is the fact that it seems politically motivated to help trump.

Then you get the trump haters side.

It's a trip how the two teams slant their language.

I guess it's natural.

Is the beef that the FBI did a FISA investigation of CP and the FBI lawyer changed dates on an email?

And Durham investigated?

Can anyone suggest an unbiased account?

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
Ya, one little e-mail. :monkey:

Just don't forget it's what started the whole Carter Page investigation and fraudulent FISA warrant issued for ALL that followed. Remember Carter Page's "importance" early on way back in 2016? He was basically portrayed as Russian Spy Mini-me.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and more will likely be falling in the weeks to come. One small fry down, how many more to go?

Durham is making sure all i's dotted and t's crossed before he unloads higher up's criminal charges. This is working from the bottom up, and from the early stages to the end points after election.

Get your popcorn and side of crow in the microwave ready.
Lol. Maybe you guys should focus on this instead, it seems slightly more important: v5 of the senate report on Russian interference, which just dropped.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Carter page was already a CIA operative prior in years past. But when he decided to briefly work for Trump, they decided to paint him as some kind of double-agent Russian spy Mini-me, for pure political weaponization. Then use it as a window to spin it 180 into a FISA warrant (by manipulating/lying about "intel" now proven fully bogus).

The rest is history and will be uncovered from the bottom up. How far up, is hard to tell at this point?
you've got your facts wrong as per usual

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
you've got your facts wrong as per usual
From the senate report

While the GRU and WikiLeaks were releasing hacked documents, the Trump Campaign sought to maximize the impact ofthose leaks to aid Trump's electoral
prospects. StaffontheTrumpCampaignsoughtadvancenoticeaboutWikiLeaksreleases, created messaging strategies to promote and share the materials in anticipation of and following thdr release, and encouraged further leaks. The Trump Campaign publicly undermined the attribution of the hack-and-leak campaign to Russia and was indifferent to whether it and WikiLeaks were furthering a Russian election interference effort. The Committee found no evidence that Campaign officials received an authoritative government notification that the hack was perpetrated by the Russian government before October 7, 2016, when the ODNI and DHS issued a joint statement to that effect. However, the Campaign was aware of the extensive media reporting and other private sector attribution of the hack to Russian actors prior to that point.
(U) Trump and senior Campaign offici.als sought to obtain advance information about WikiLeaks's planned releases through Roger Stone.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Motivated reasoning will affect how you judge at evidence.

I still don't have a good handle on what is going on like Doug and the surf dog do.

I know it's supposed to be a hoax but trump's relentless fawning of Putin is odd in the context of all this.

Something just doesn't feel right.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Lol. Maybe you guys should focus on this instead, it seems slightly more important: v5 of the senate report on Russian interference, which just dropped.

From the report it seems like Carter Page was overselling his influence in the administration to the Russians, overselling his influence with the Russians to the administration and the administration was using Page’s “experience” as proof of their team’s legitimacy.

Meanwhile the administration’s “vetting” process was a Google search of Page.

Seems like the administration’s ignorance, inexperience and the need to appear well versed in foreign policy left them as easy targets to exploit.