Drum kit advice

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Is this the son who uses his retard super powers to get girls?

If he learns how to play drums he will be able to hose down the entire village with his cum making sure every pretty girl gets a taste.
yes, he has bizarre inadvertent girl game because of his autism. he is a bit socially odd but does not seem to care, so this attracts a particular type of girl. he is also into theater so he does these plays that are like 90% girls, which I think coincidentally is the type of girl that likes his type.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
curious to know what sort of cocktails you'll be using the mitigate the effects of a nascent drummer in the household
we're thinking of putting the kit in our master bedroom which is sort of isolated on one side of our house above the garage

I'm sure we'll still be able to hear it, but if he's up there practicing, the living areas are on the complete opposite side of the house and we could have two doors closed in between (bedroom door and hallway door that leads to the bedroom).

Plus when I get shot down at night, I could have the drums handy to do this:

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
+1 on the pedal. that pedal will do fine, you don't need anything too fancy. Bonham played on a speed king, which, by today's standards, would be kind of a garbage pedal. I have a speed king and love to play it. Like anything else, it's most the archer, not the arrow.
I have the world's coolest pedal, the ASBA Caroline. It's gigantic and beyond smooth.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
yes, he has bizarre inadvertent girl game because of his autism. he is a bit socially odd but does not seem to care, so this attracts a particular type of girl. he is also into theater so he does these plays that are like 90% girls, which I think coincidentally is the type of girl that likes his type.
See also: Clay Marzo, who appears to have game. At least, he's got a girlfriend.

As an engineer, I can tell you most all of us are on the spectrum, it's just a question of how far over we are. There is DEFINITELY a type of girl that likes engineers.

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
See also: Clay Marzo, who appears to have game. At least, he's got a girlfriend.

As an engineer, I can tell you most all of us are on the spectrum, it's just a question of how far over we are. There is DEFINITELY a type of girl that likes engineers.
We'll yeah, chicks dig trains man.

• Haha
Reactions: b.r. and hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

that clay marzo video is insane. That's possibly the best barrel riding I've ever seen

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
No purchases yet— probably looking at a couple of used sets this weekend

all the thinking about drums has reignited GAS and now I’m thinking I need a bass too:jamon:

• Love
Reactions: hal9000 and Phi1

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No purchases yet— probably looking at a couple of used sets this weekend

all the thinking about drums has reignited GAS and now I’m thinking I need a bass too:jamon:
I just bought a cheap Yamaha bass.

Its fantastic for the price.

Does he have a drum pad?

I bought one. I'm trying to be able to do triples bouncing the sticks.

It hard.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
if you pay below used market value
it will never depreciate !! )

I kept MOST of the stuff I bought like that !! ) :)

The drum instructor SHOULD be your best resource !! )

Good luck to you and yours Billy !! )

Enthusiasm is EVERYTHING !! )

Learning how to learn !! ) mm mmm mmmm !!! )​

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
drums seem like a giant rabbit hole to geek out on components. which is awesome
It's true. I have a really cool kit, 70s blue acrylic Ludwig Vistalites and a couple cool old cymbals. But that aforementioned kick pedal is for some reason the apple of my eye. Also drums are really hard to record.