Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I like to say right now, if I get sick and go on a ventilator, you guys can mock me and send all the bad vibes you want in my direction.

And I promise not to start a go fund me page.

Reactions: tacos

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Is Drew still alive? Wonder what that hospital bill looks like? Probably more than the $0 vaccine.

• Love
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Probably depends on the area. Not many right wingers on Maui. What we do have is lots of left wing, anti-corporate, anti-authority, no science education, psuedo-science believers.
Agree, I was speaking to the Country as a whole, tons of pros are full anti vaxx nutjobs.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Anti vaxxers think vaccinating children against things that are proven to be awful and dangerous for them are a bad because they cause autism, something ridiculous that they heard from some lady on tv.
You lump those who choose not to get several new vaccinations that are known to make people sick while protecting them from something that will almost certainly not bother them in with the same group because you have no real solid belief in the choice you are making.
If you are unable to separate these groups, it is because you are kind of stupid. If you are unwilling to see them as distinct, it is because you know, but don't want to admit to yourself or others, that you are wrong.

Eventually, you'll have to come around and accept that for some people, getting vaccinated was important. For some, it wasn't. Importantly, it is also time dependant, if you miss the window you got shots for no reason. No one mentioning that.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Lfmr76 and mundus

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Probably depends on the area. Not many right wingers on Maui. What we do have is lots of left wing, anti-corporate, anti-authority, no science education, psuedo-science believers.
My first trip there i asked my local-type pal why so many of the unwashed were
hanging on the corner in Paia. He said "they're waiting for Jerry."

this east-coaster is still trying to figure that one out...:oops:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You lump those who choose not to get several new vaccinations that are known to make people sick while protecting them from something that will almost certainly not bother them in with the same group because you have no real solid belief in the choice you are making.

If you are unable to separate these groups, it is because you are kind of stupid.
I think people call you guys anti-vaxers to troll. You took the bait so it worked.

Bait-01-3.jpg

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
most of my right friends are anti covid vaccine. Anecdotal but don’t think I know many left wingers who are against it.
i don't actually know anyone who is "anti covid vaccine". but the pro-vaccine-choice folks in my circle are definitely mostly right wing and the vaccine-mandate folks are mostly left wing

oh, no, wait, i do know *one* person who is anti-covid-vaccine, but he's anti-all-vaccines so i just sort of ignore his fringe opinions on this topic