Drag Queens

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
yes but they have lower salaries for white collar jobs. Europe brings up the lower class very well but they also make it harder to go above a certain number.
And we have a buyer of the con. Psssst, you or I will never rise above 'that certain number'.
Euro infrastructure, healthcare, and other quality-of-life areas are superior while we try to not step in the dogshit or trip over the psychotic homeless on the curb.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
And we have a buyer of the con. Psssst, you or I will never rise above 'that certain number'.
Euro infrastructure, healthcare, and other quality-of-life areas are superior while we try to not step in the dogshit or trip over the psychotic homeless on the curb.
Speak for yourself peasant. How do you even know what number I am talking about? I'm not talking about an experienced heart surgeon or hedge fund salary, I'm talking what you would need to make in order to buy a home in coastal California and raise 2 kids without going into debt.

Which these days is around $150-200k minimum, and much more if you are buying now. Not many people in Europe make that kind of money. I know this because my last employer was bought by a German & Austrian owned parent company. I see what they offer, which the consider competitive in Europe, for the same titles here and it is laughable. I've talked with plenty of people in my industry and a few related ones, where European companies have a strong market presence, and they all say the same thing.

You are correct in the sense that they do get more for their tax dollar. It's because of that they can live on less. The problem is when the expand to the US, they carry the same salary structure with them and don't account for how much more things we have to pay for from our own pockets.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Su
Speak for yourself peasant. How do you even know what number I am talking about? I'm not talking about an experienced heart surgeon or hedge fund salary, I'm talking what you would need to make in order to buy a home in coastal California and raise 2 kids without going into debt.

Which these days is around $150-200k minimum, and much more if you are buying now. Not many people in Europe make that kind of money. I know this because my last employer was bought by a German & Austrian owned parent company. I see what they offer, which the consider competitive in Europe, for the same titles here and it is laughable. I've talked with plenty of people in my industry and a few related ones, where European companies have a strong market presence, and they all say the same thing.

You are correct in the sense that they do get more for their tax dollar. It's because of that they can live on less. The problem is when the expand to the US, they carry the same salary structure with them and don't account for how much more things we have to pay for from our own pockets.
Suckers are gonna suck.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Your points are surfrog salad. All you have are vague generalizations that you add up to absolutes.
every time:socrazy:
Hard census data, while general in nature, is not a vague generalization.

Google is your friend. Somewhat outdated because it's from 2020 but at the time, 3529E after taxes was a top 10% salary in Germany. Which I'm guessing is roughly 85-90K gross

Top 1% is about double that with ~7K Euro take home. I make more than that already.

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/german-expat-news/are-you-part-germanys-richest-10-percent

Average gross salary is around 50k Euro in 2021, therefore the spread between the mean and top 10% is quite narrow.

:roflmao: :trout:

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Hard census data, while general in nature, is not a vague generalization.

Google is your friend. Somewhat outdated because it's from 2020 but at the time, 3529E after taxes was a top 10% salary in Germany. Which I'm guessing is roughly 85-90K gross

Top 1% is about double that with ~7K Euro take home. I make more than that already.

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/german-expat-news/are-you-part-germanys-richest-10-percent

Average gross salary is around 50k Euro in 2021, therefore the spread between the mean and top 10% is quite narrow.

:roflmao: :trout:
Your salad is mostly opinions.
Have you been to Europe? Experienced their healthcare? Transportation system? Walked their streets? If you can not see the better qualities... keep sucking the 1% teats. Not much comes out but the effort is virtuous.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
LOL. Hard numbers in salary distributions are not "opinions". Do you even know what an opinion is :unsure:

Have you been to Europe? Experienced their healthcare? Transportation system? Walked their streets? If you can not see the better qualities...
Yes- I've been. It's great in a lot of ways. However at the end of the day I'm happy where I am, and I would assume that you are too if you are still here :unsure:

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
LOL. Hard numbers in salary distributions are not "opinions". Do you even know what an opinion is :unsure:

Yes- I've been. It's great in a lot of ways. However at the end of the day I'm happy where I am, and I would assume that you are too if you are still here :unsure:
There seems to be a developmental stage males go through, but not so much w/ females, that of the 14-y/o middle schooler. It is characterized but the boy having a high opinion of himself, produces many words to 'prove' whatever point he uses to demonstrate to his middle school peers how ________ he is, and has a strong need to do this on whatever aimless thing crosses his comic strip themed mind.
Fascinating

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Have you been to Europe? Experienced their healthcare? Transportation system? Walked their streets? If you can not see the better qualities... keep sucking the 1% teats. Not much comes out but the effort is virtuous.
We're not peasants who want to sit on a train with other people

Why do people always call out "transportation systems" when those systems are something that most Americans don't want?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There seems to be a developmental stage males go through, but not so much w/ females, that of the 14-y/o middle schooler. It is characterized but the boy having a high opinion of himself, produces many words to 'prove' whatever point he uses to demonstrate to his middle school peers how ________ he is, and has a strong need to do this on whatever aimless thing crosses his comic strip themed mind.
Fascinating
Perfect demonstration of lashing out with a personal attack when an argument doesn't go a poster's way

Even better when it's a ripoff of another poster's schtick

Grapedrink will take his winner's prize off the air

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Perfect demonstration of lashing out with a personal attack when an argument doesn't go a poster's way

Even better when it's a ripoff of another poster's schtick

Grapedrink will take his winner's prize off the air
Dunning Kruger must be fun, never have to admit being wrong or loosing a meaningless internet argument.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Fascinating
Translation: “I was proven wrong and have nothing”

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot