Double Income, No Kids. Must Surf. Where would you live?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
New Zealand is finnacy..... You have needed to earn your salt to be allowed to emmigrate. There is a minimum dollar net worth limit. If you meet it???? Possibly the best place on planet Earth. OZ is a close second. If you have your sh!t together, if you're a surfer. I have family in OZ. Perth....

If you are Golden.... Tahiti.... All those islands.... Tuamotos... Bikinis.... The French were indiscrimanate in testing their Nuclear weapon program. Central Pacific. Guadalcanal. Bougainville. America fought their way through the Central Pacific islands. After the war was over, they were forgotten. Cargo Cults... been reading about them with the Diggers in Papua/NewGuinea. British Sailor Man... GI Soldgeirman. Stone Age to WWII . Meats still on the menu. Papua/New Guinea. A thousand tribes. Each one with its own language. The bottom line is our tribe are humans and everybody else is long pork.

Missionarys were the worst lot. Preaching about the blood and body of Christ. So their congregation killed them and ate them. four or five days later, when they didn't come back..........

Last edited:
Reactions: manbearpig

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
From what I hear, crime is worse than most successful working class folks care for.
Add to that the potential to die, not like in baja or anything, but when hurricanes hit there? They HIT!!!!!!

There's STILL places without electricity or running water since the one drumpf responded "so well" to, with the paper towels for everyone bit.

Humidity is OFF THE CHARTS

Think, hang your towels to dry after a shower to go out in the evening, mold and mildew growing on them by morning.

Many places are more 3rd, 4th and even 5th world, more so than 2nd.

Lots of poverty

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
why does Puerto Rico never get mentioned?

plenty of surf, warm water and 2nd world living costs. or am I missing something?
Two guys I grew up surfing with who moved there permanently and raised families there in adulthood. A variety of other people I've known have wintered there through the years for the surf season. Don't think I'd ever want to make it a permanent home. Its one of those places that's real nice to visit but you wouldn't want to live there.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Two guys I grew up surfing with who moved there permanently and raised families there in adulthood. A variety of other people I've known have wintered there through the years for the surf season. Don't think I'd ever want to make it a permanent home. Its one of those places that's real nice to visit but you wouldn't want to live there.
goofyfoot?

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
of course nada wrong w/that yet it seems to taint the pr issue.

goofies (might) hem and haw bout the place....
regulars not so much.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Parts of PR would be sweet and would be safe. But it’s a different world that I don’t think most could get accustomed to. Plus as mentioned hurricane season really leaves the place leveled quite frequently. It’ll all wear on most people who didn’t grow up dealing with those aspects of life.

plus then you live in a tourist destination unless you go off the beaten path, which adds other complications most won’t want to deal with.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Parts of PR would be sweet and would be safe. But it’s a different world that I don’t think most could get accustomed to. Plus as mentioned hurricane season really leaves the place leveled quite frequently. It’ll all wear on most people who didn’t grow up dealing with those aspects of life.

plus then you live in a tourist destination unless you go off the beaten path, which adds other complications most won’t want to deal with.
amen.
:bowdown:

don't get me going on those complications.

:socrazy::socrazy:

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Nova Scotia?

The only DINKs I know live at Tofino but winter elsewhere, mostly Indo. They never had kids.

Others have grown children so travel a lot now, but missed that aspect when they were younger.

Problem here is now the crowds that appear at the good breaks when they break, particularly south island winter breaks.

Bloody zoo at times.

But, one of the best places in the world to live, according to the experts who judge such things.

Nowhere is perfect.

Take care.

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers