doctors bummed about spotify misinformation

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Every PhD is a doctor of philosophy. You could have a PhD in cellular microbiology and you are a doctor of philosophy.
I think that was a sarcastic crack at all the dumdum rightwing pundits who were butthurt that the First Lady calls herself “Doctor”.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
there didn't used to be a postdoc in psychiatry, but I guess there is now. psychiatry used to be the defined domain of MD/DO psychiatrists, but not any more. Makes sense. I was incorrect and overly hostile at the same time, which is an unfortunate combination, as we saw on 1/6/21.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
EpidemiologistKat:
Dr. Wallace holds a Ph.D. in Epidemiology and has 15+ years of professional research experience in epidemiology, research design, pharmacoepidemiology, health economics, outcomes research, and biostatistics.
She is currently an epidemiologist and adjunct assistant professor of epidemiology at the University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Public Health.

Guy on the internet who got a B- in 9th grade Bio:
That liberal bitch with the weird bangs is so full of bullshit...
I can write a resume for myself that looks at as impressive and while it would all be technically true, I’m really just a regular guy who has no interest whatsoever in getting other people to shut up.

Also, she’s an up talker.

Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it's crazy that the guys shitting their pants the most are also the least informed

keep making fools of yourselves, you dipshits

it's what keeps me coming back!

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The deal with anybody with an audience is while their listeners know that they may not be experts, they will believe that the speaker did their homework and that what they say is mostly true. If the speaker is spouting untruths, listeners who don't know otherwise will believe it. Nothing new about this phenomenon, except we now have more media outlets than ever.

So in this case, if Rogan didn't have on a guest who wouldn't let him get away with spreading bullshit, millions of people would believe that young people have a higher risk of myocarditis from the vaccine than from covid itself, and some of them may be less likely to get vaxxed as a result.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'll keep repeating it, the myocarditis thing is, itself, a fkn red herring

myocarditis is a transient condition that typically goes away

the "sudden death" from the vaccine is fear mongering nonsense

these guys are wrong on MULTIPLE FKN LEVELS like a goddamn herbalife convention

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'll keep repeating it, the myocarditis thing is, itself, a fkn red herring

myocarditis is a transient condition that typically goes away