Divorce Thread better than book thread

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
lmfao. when i played around with online dating before i met my wife i had one criteria that girl needs to have a masters degree. i got flamed by so many:
them: “who do u think u are to require a masters degree. this is ridiculous!”
me: “so do you have one?”
them: “no, but, but, …”
me: “bye then!”
:roflmao:

Reactions: gbg and keenfish

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
True. I had a definite type as a younger man and my wife fits almost none of my prior likes. The only constant was education level.
And it's similar for most married for love people of the previous decades.

A lot of people from my generation and younger don't understand that.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
lmfao. when i played around with online dating before i met my wife i had one criteria that girl needs to have a masters degree. i got flamed by so many:
One would think this makes sense as they say similar intelligence is one thing we are wired not to budge on.

But there are ton of idiots with master's degrees. And doctoral. My field is full of them.

In fact, in my field, the idiots often trend toward higher education.

I get to know and work with an employee - I'm able to see they obviously have no critical thinking skills and I would not want them taking care of me or my family - next thing you know they're in NP and CRNA programs. It's fvcking scary.

In fact, thinking back to some the most incompetent trainwrecks I've known - all went on to doctoral programs and work in high risk care scenarios like anesthesia.

P.S. Please note "master's" has an apostrophe.

Last edited:

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
One would think this makes sense as they say similar intelligence is one thing we are wired not to budge on.

But there are ton of idiots with master's degrees. And doctoral. My field is full of them.

I get to know and work with an employee - I'm able to see they obviously have no critical thinking skills and I would not want them taking care of me or my family - next thing you know they're in NP and CRNA programs. It's fvcking scary.

In fact, thinking back to some the most incompetent trainwrecks I've known - all went on to doctora programs and work in high risk care scenarios like anesthesia.

God damn, nailed it.

I say this while exactly halfway through a CRNA (DNP :sick:) program

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
hit me over the head w a vodka bottle - weird sound when that bottle hits the skull

she is sober now and we are friends - always did her part $$ to help me raise daughter -

has a great soul, just cursed with bad dna and a way too high IQ
What does it feel like to get hit over the head with a bottle? I imagine it feels worse if you get hit with the bottom rather than the middle of it.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

In fact, thinking back to some the most incompetent trainwrecks I've known - all went on to doctoral programs and work in high risk care scenarios like anesthesia.

u forgot to add “must speak tagalog” to ur profile

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Right, but I'm saying people (often women) are in direct control of their own list, which might read something like:

Must be at least 6'1.
Must not have voted for Trump (Biden)
Must make at least 300K/yr
Must drive a nice car
Must have/not have tattoos.
Must be/not be (insert race here)
Must not be fat.
Must not be skinny.
Must have/not have facial hair.
Can't be a sports fan
Can't be a surfer
Must love the gym
Must own a dog.
Must love my politics.
Must go to the barber once a week.

Sorry, love doesn't work that way. And they're basically ensuring they will stay forever single and bitching about it.

The delusional part is most do not realize this.
Im sure some people over analyze and go crazy with check lists and requirements. Other people might just use the profile info and pics as a way to filter and streamline. Especially in a big market. There are so many people out there, you gotta do something to narrow down the talent pool.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Nothing says stability and income like a masters degree. I wont date a chick now unless she makes $100K+ and is mentally fit.

Reactions: santacruzin

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I just thank my lucky stars being happily married, my wife is a saint for putting up with me! Divorce seems like giant stressful pain in the ass.

Reactions: npsp

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
There are tons of videos on this on the internet. Basically, women are left in a sea of options through social media and Top 10% Chad isn't too picky about who he'll lay with. Women interpret this fling with Chad to mean, "I'm in the top 10% too" so they stop looking at other men in their range until desperation kicks in. This is sad.

We're in Calhoun's rat experiment. I resisted this explanation for a long time since we're not rats and have a spiritual side, but this is as good of a materialistic explanation as any.
Trump is the leader of the Republican Party but the Left are nihilists. That’s hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, if we’re rat in rat utopia the obvious solution is degrowth. :ROFLMAO:

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
i set up a Hinge profile last week, just to pass the time while the movers were doing their thing. Holy smokes, there are a lot of attractive successful women in New York happy to meet a man with a job and a full head of hair
Whenever the time comes, let's say you meet someone you think you could have a serious relationship with. How many dates in do you drop the bomb and let them know you're an Admin for the erBB? Or are you going to lead with that in your Hinge profile?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Whenever the time comes, let's say you meet someone you think you could have a serious relationship with. How many dates in do you drop the bomb and let them know you're an Admin for the erBB?
You don't.

You keep it a secret from her for years.

Then once you fuck up and really screw the pooch and cops swarm your house and seize your cellphone, computer etc and forensics dissects everything and reporters are standing on your front lawn...then she finds out.

:waving: