Divorce Thread better than book thread

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
In my work environment there are plenty of single women.

But, in another scenario, yeah I get you. It can't be easy.

At the same time I think the apps are symbolic of the natural laziness technology has bestowed - it's just "less of a hassle" to use an app. Trading our humanity for ease.

Think about it - at no other time in history (other than kings, whorehouses, and freaks searching mailorder brides) have men selected from a menu of women in such a way.

And then the women go meet the men - complete strangers - like a craigslist or classified ad.

It's pretty gross that it's come to this.
I was under the impression that women could also choose the men they wanted to date on the same app. This is much better when you don't have a full head of hair! Man, can't believe I missed out...

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When you go on dating app is it just to fuck?

I always had to make girls like me to fuck me.

If I fucked and ran it hurt their feelings.

That is not a thing anymore?

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
And then, I am suddenly thinking about asking @brukuns how 58 yo healthy males, with full head of hair who know how to cultivate "the kind", fare our there in Brasil, and just how hard is portagee once you know Spanish already?

:roflmao::monkey::jamon::poke:

You want "open" marriage?

Me looking into some cheap tickets to Bangkok, for now.

@Truth while I am in the 'hood'... how's the "pickings" down there?
:shrug:
I wouldn't know man... not 58, not healthy, no full head of hair and no cultivating knowledge. Also no Spanish.

You would adapt easily though, but I wouldn't plant the ganja here, not worth going to jail for... and jail in Brazil is not the most pleasant of places.

Sorry about that man... unreal she actually asked this.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
dating apps make me face reality when i see what a woman my age looks like - no way i am
that old

I have a good strategy on apps in bali - 90% success rate if i meet in person

you meet someone who is from Jakarta on a quick get away trip to Bali - they are usually married, cashed up and Muslim and they want sex and fun with a white (bule) to escape their domesticated life - meet them for a drink back to their hotel in an hour or two

become their holiday fling - i win - they win

actually had one refer her friend to me

so easy

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
dating apps make me face reality when i see what a woman my age looks like - no way i am
that old

I have a good strategy on apps in bali - 90% success rate if i meet in person

you meet someone who is from Jakarta on a quick get away trip to Bali - they are usually married, cashed up and Muslim and they want sex and fun with a white (bule) to escape their domesticated life - meet them for a drink back to their hotel in an hour or two

become their holiday fling - i win - they win

actually had one refer her friend to me

so easy
The Indo-Gigolo!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
James appears to be a pessimist and not religious. I would not take marriage advice from him, the same way I would not take car advice from a guy that runs a junk yard. All he sees are the wrecks. Can't blame him for his outlook. But its a bias outlook based on his circumstances and environment. Marriage is a religious construct. He is looking at marriage from a legal perspective. Not the correct outlook for a lasting marriage IMO.
Atheists, Catholics and Lutherans all have about the same divorce rate (20% give or take). Evangelicals have the highest rate (34%) and surprisingly Mormons have a rate slightly above Catholics/lutherans/atheists.

I don’t know what any of this means, but the idea that “marriage is a religious construct“ would seem to need more analysis.

Also, marriage is a social construct not a religious one.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Haven't read through the thread yet, but there will be "men" on this thread that support both alimony and child support

Reactions: Chocki

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Whoa, I read through and I am surprised there wasn't. Maybe it's because it's not in the political forum

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
In my work environment there are plenty of single women.

But, in another scenario, yeah I get you. It can't be easy.

At the same time I think the apps are symbolic of the natural laziness technology has bestowed - it's just "less of a hassle" to use an app. Trading our humanity for ease.

Think about it - at no other time in history (other than kings, whorehouses, and freaks searching mailorder brides) have men selected from a menu of women in such a way.

And then the women go meet the men - complete strangers - like a craigslist or classified ad.

It's pretty gross that it's come to this.
Love has only been part of the marriage contract since the 1800s. Before that it was back room deals and convenience, with women having no say.

It may be off putting to watch people choose mates from a list, but it’s not particularly a new idea.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Not sure if “this” goes “here” or not, but it prolly will sooner than later…..

my wife of 20 years just asked me for an “open marriage“.

:monkey::bricks::monkey:
I think this is the same conversation as, "I'd like to get breast implants" constructed a different way.
She's on her way out.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
And then, I am suddenly thinking about asking @brukuns how 58 yo healthy males, with full head of hair who know how to cultivate "the kind", fare our there in Brasil, and just how hard is portagee once you know Spanish already?

:roflmao::monkey::jamon::poke:

You want "open" marriage?

Me looking into some cheap tickets to Bangkok, for now.

@Truth while I am in the 'hood'... how's the "pickings" down there?
:shrug:
Yeah, that’s game over. She probably has a dude already in hand - that’s not a request you make without impetus.

Run, don’t walk.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Can we ask why she went to jail?

Need me to drop into La Jolla and check on the house!? I have plenty of good references.

hit me over the head w a vodka bottle - weird sound when that bottle hits the skull

she is sober now and we are friends - always did her part $$ to help me raise daughter -

has a great soul, just cursed with bad dna and a way too high IQ

• Sad
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Love has only been part of the marriage contract since the 1800s. Before that it was back room deals and convenience, with women having no say.

It may be off putting to watch people choose mates from a list, but it’s not particularly a new idea.
Right, but I'm saying people (often women) are in direct control of their own list, which might read something like:

Must be at least 6'1.
Must not have voted for Trump (Biden)
Must make at least 300K/yr
Must drive a nice car
Must have/not have tattoos.
Must be/not be (insert race here)
Must not be fat.
Must not be skinny.
Must have/not have facial hair.
Can't be a sports fan
Can't be a surfer
Must love the gym
Must own a dog.
Must love my politics.
Must go to the barber once a week.

Sorry, love doesn't work that way. And they're basically ensuring they will stay forever single and bitching about it.

The delusional part is most do not realize this.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Right, but I'm saying people (often women) are in direct control of their own list, which might read something like:

Must be at least 6'1.
Must not have voted for Trump (Biden)
Must make at least 300K/yr
Must drive a nice car
Must have/not have tattoos.
Must be/not be (insert race here)
Must not be fat.
Must not be skinny.
Must have/not have facial hair.
Can't be a sports fan
Can't be a surfer
Must love the gym
Must own a dog.
Must love my politics.
Must go to the barber once a week.

Sorry, love doesn't work that way. And they're basically ensuring they will stay forever single and bitching about it.

The delusional part is most do not realize this.
True. I had a definite type as a younger man and my wife fits almost none of my prior likes. The only constant was education level.