Dick's Has Balls

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Duffy said:
Funny you brought up the voting at 17.
In the context that at 17 you can serve in the military but you can’t vote. Other people who can serve in the military but can’t vote...

Non-citizens
Felons

As for illegal voting, my personal opinion is that if there is illegal voting going on it isn’t done by a bunch of ineligible people. That’s too hard. It would be done by a few individuals who just stuff ballot boxes or hack voting machines.

That and people casting multiple votes under different names. I vote absentee and I can register to vote without showing any proof of ID. So theoretically my three cats, 13 year old son, two wives and my surfboard that I named “Billy” could cast the absentee ballots that are theoretically sent to me.
Understood your context and my musing was based on thoughts derived from that fact.

With absentee ballot, I guess you could scam that to a point but not exhaustively so. In person, you need both and address on the rolls. How many times has real voter shown up and been denied? :shrug:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
A 4-year-old boy shot and killed his 2-year-old cousin at a home in Muscoy, California, according to local authorities.
The victim's grandfather, Cesar Lopez, 53, was arrested and charged with child endangerment and being a felon in possession of a firearm, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department announced on Twitter.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
1whoknows said:
A 4-year-old boy shot and killed his 2-year-old cousin at a home in Muscoy, California, according to local authorities.
The victim's grandfather, Cesar Lopez, 53, was arrested and charged with child endangerment and being a felon in possession of a firearm, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department announced on Twitter.
Pretty odd that you drag up this thread from the past to post about a child being killed by the gun of a felon who by law is not allowed to be in possession of a gun. :shrug: Idiot.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
GromsDad said:
1whoknows said:
Pretty odd that you drag up this thread from the past to post about a child being killed by the gun of a felon who by law is not allowed to be in possession of a gun. :shrug: Idiot.
This could have been prevented if we banned AR15s.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Toronto Mayor John Tory said he was "outraged that someone has unleashed such a terrible attack on our city and people innocently enjoying a Sunday evening."
"We have a gun problem in that guns are readily available to too many people," Tory said. "The police are doing their best, but they're operating under extraordinarily difficult circumstances to deal with these guns. And we'll see what they conclude from this case, but it's evidence of a gun problem, clearly."