DHD Factory Sale

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
That's a good deal if you like their boards. I bought a used Skeleton Key 1.0 and I didn't care for it, but Darren obviously makes some nice boards. I was curious about the Phoenix, but just ordered an XTR Pyzel Astro Pop.

May 10, 2018
Phoenix looks good but Mick makes anything look good, damnit.
Just on Mick and DHD...In the EPS/Epoxy Stab in the Dark he decided to disqualify the DHD because he knew who made it and considered it cheating. However he did put it in the top 3 boards. What I found interesting was that he said the most important aspect of a board is speed. And that he picked his final 3 boards because they were all fast. They then showed the top speeds of each of the boards he rode. You know what the slowest board was in the whole test? Yep, the DHD.

Anyway this is completely irrelevant to the DHD factory sale. Carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Anyone know what is 30% off? T shirts? Boardbags? Customs? Stock boards? Fins?

The Phoenix looks much better under Mick's feet than some of the B-grade pros and groms on instagram

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Can’t imagine why.
Yeah but I’m talking about the inherent characteristics of the board. Kyuss’s and Mick’s look frisky and Kyuss is riding a slimmed down version and Mick riding the lower end of the suggested volumes. Some of the other guys have ones that look pretty corky.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The DX1 Phase 3 has been out for a little while and might be well worth picking up at 30% off @casa_mugrienta - and might be in stock at "smaller stature sizes" ?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
if I lived in austrailer DHD would be my first choice. Unless I talked to a trusty rep or the ghost finish shaper I would be skeptical about those boards being good for here. At least for me.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
if I lived in austrailer DHD would be my first choice. Unless I talked to a trusty rep or the ghost finish shaper I would be skeptical about those boards being good for here. At least for me.
Like waxfoot mentioned check the DX1 Phase 3.

Have handled one in person and it seems pretty user friendly. Would work in CA waves at the right spots.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Wasn't there a DHD shop in Huntington, a block off main street for awhile?

Here in NY they had a brief moment where local shops were stocking them and I got a great Project 15. One of my favorite boards ever. But then they sorta faded out.