Critical Race Theory

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
My state just created a hotline to call if you feel your child has heard anything in school that makes your student feel uncomfortable about his race (meaning CRT). While I'm in no way a woketard, I do understand that we have entrenched institutionalized racism in this country, particularly in the South. What's the motive for pushing this revisionist bullsh!t? MAGA (make uneducated poor whites feel good about themselves again)? Is itvoter manipulation or outright racism/White Supremacy (or both)?

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
My state just created a hotline to call if you feel your child has heard anything in school that makes your student feel uncomfortable about his race (meaning CRT). While I'm in no way a woketard, I do understand that we have entrenched institutionalized racism in this country, particularly in the South. What's the motive for pushing this revisionist bullsh!t? MAGA (make uneducated poor whites feel good about themselves again)? Is itvoter manipulation or outright racism/White Supremacy (or both)?

This hotline is going to get the spammed spammed out of it buy funny teenagers

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Most countries on planet earth were founded by a group of people battling with and/or subjogating other groups to control that territory, usually along some sort of ethnic or racial lines. Nearly all are monocultural in regards to who holds the economic and political power in their present day form. The US is probably the most diverse in that regard.

Doesn't justify the history, but it is what it is.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Most countries on planet earth were founded by a group of people battling with and/or subjogating other groups to control that territory, usually along some sort of ethnic or racial lines. Nearly all are monocultural in regards to who holds the economic and political power in their present day form. The US is probably the most diverse in that regard.

This is true, but how can we put that into context for current and future generations without informing them about the "uncomfortable" stuff that led to us getting where we are today?

Doesn't justify not teaching the truth that you just told

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Agreed, and I never said otherwise. However it should be taught in a way that is historically accurate, and not in a way that is punitive and divisive.
I'm trying to understand... can you give me an example of a punitive way to present US history?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm trying to understand... can you give me an example of a punitive way to present US history?
Generally not for US history at the primary level. However at the college level liberal arts classes hammer the white privilege narrative hard and that everything is the white mans fault. It's basically used as a justification for reparations and other equity initiatives.

There's that word again.

Every time fragile white men get offended, it appears.
LOL. Lots of identity politics are presented in a way that tell white people to STFU and that your opinion and correctness on a subject is positively correlated to how many disadvantaged groups you belong to.
Yes, that is divisive, and you are simply too intellectually dishonest to acknowledge that :trout:

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Generally not for US history at the primary level. However at the college level liberal arts classes hammer the white privilege narrative hard and that everything is the white mans fault. It's basically used as a justification for reparations and other equity initiatives.

LOL. Lots of identity politics are presented in a way to tell white people to STFU and that your opinion and correctness on a subject is positively correlated to how many disadvantaged groups you belong to. Yes, that is divisive, you are simply to intellectually dishonest to acknowledge that :trout:
I think you are misunderstanding/taking things personally that are not meant to be personal tbh. I mean, it's not incorrect that the majority of slave owners and people who resisted integration post-civil war were white people.

When was the last time you sat in on a college liberal arts class?