hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Thursday, October 27th
12:00 - 1:30 pm
Hybrid (Zoom and in CP-207)

Introduction to Restorative Practices
presented by , Resolution Education Manager, DIEP

In this 1.5 hour long session, participants will be introduced to the 5 Rs of Restorative Practices, engage in circles, learn some of the history of Restorative Justice, and begin to think about how they might be restorative in their own roles. Participants can join in-person at the SDC or tune in to the session virtually in a hybrid format.
They made us do RA circles when kids did something bad. I hated them. It actually worked pretty well for normal kids who just made a mistake; they ended up being pretty remorseful about their screw-ups and generally everything was OK afterwards.

But for the bad kids who were repeat offenders, RA circles were like a get out of jail free card. All they had to do was say they were sorry and look sad and everyone would sing kumbaya and they would get off scot free!!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
They made us do RA circles when kids did something bad. I hated them. It actually worked pretty well for normal kids who just made a mistake; they ended up being pretty remorseful about their screw-ups and generally everything was OK afterwards.

But for the bad kids who were repeat offenders, RA circles were like a get out of jail free card. All they had to do was say they were sorry and look sad and everyone would sing kumbaya and they would get off scot free!!
That is what I don't like about it.

Good teachers do this all the time when they are delivering content.

The psychopaths just use the tactic to assert.

My sister made the great point that the circles came from the native tribes of Canada.

They are thriving in our society now?

Suspend these fuckers.

And if that doesn't work send them away.

That is the only thing that works on psychopaths.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
That is what I don't like about it.

Good teachers do this all the time when they are delivering content.

The psychopaths just use the tactic to assert.

My sister made the great point that the circles came from the native tribes of Canada.

They are thriving in our society now?

Suspend these fuckers.

And if that doesn't work send them away.

That is the only thing that works on psychopaths.
again with the sister?
Maybe just have your sister post here so we get her story in her own words
:roflmao: