Creating the Cosmic Glider

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
HAHA I know all this! Roughed it up with some sand paper.

When it comes to Bali and Morocco I am on Trump's line. Shithole countries, will not visit. It's all sheet metal and garbage down there.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Due to low temps and me not putting an oven in the shapedungeon, the glassjob turned out to be more of a jellyjob. Can't really sand it properly, but I managed to scrub the worst scabs off the deck and bottom, but it looks quite bad. I painted it yellow today and started getting the fin in place. I used some epoxy putty for the first gluing, then tomorrow I'll attach the fin with fibreglass. Will probably sand it some more and make a topcoat when it gets warm enough to cure overnight.

gluing fin.jpg

Last edited:

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
I surfed it for 1 hour on Saturday and today I delivered it to the recycling place where you get $100 for delivering fibreglass items such as windsurfers, boats of all sizes and luckily for me; SURFBOARDS!

So I took the old Timmy Patterson Surftech 6'1" Timmy Reyes Pro Model (R.I.P) that I have thickened out of size from and the stupid Cosmic Trainwreck. Clever as I am, I only spent about $100 in materials on it.

The reason for this decision was mostly because the board was an embarrasment. It looked like sh!t and I was not able to translate my vision of journeys through time and space into a fibreglass body. Decieved by my devil-induced vision I abandoned what I had (the red flameboard) and tried to reach for something else, yet only grabbing thin air (a.k.a 20lbs yellow fibreglass cock).

scrapped.png

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I surfed it for 1 hour on Saturday and today I delivered it to the recycling place where you get $100 for delivering fibreglass items such as windsurfers, boats of all sizes and luckily for me; SURFBOARDS!

So I took the old Timmy Patterson Surftech 6'1" Timmy Reyes Pro Model (R.I.P) that I have thickened out of size from and the stupid Cosmic Trainwreck. Clever as I am, I only spent about $100 in materials on it.

The reason for this decision was mostly because the board was an embarrasment. It looked like sh!t and I was not able to translate my vision of journeys through time and space into a fibreglass body. Decieved by my devil-induced vision I abandoned what I had (the red flameboard) and tried to reach for something else, yet only grabbing thin air.

View attachment 86087
:cry:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Well holy crap, this board is going to give the Leezer a run for the money.
Anyone got a photo of the Leezer? I am having trouble finding the image.Did find the Leezer back story, though I am not sure which one is the truth....

1)That’s going to surprise a lot of peeps, but it’s a fact. I used to be LeeC. I was the oldest of the Bonzer brothers. When we were growing up at the Silver Shores in Oxnard I used to have to take care of my two little brothers, Dinkum and Milkem when they went to the point to go surfing. At the time I was riding 4’8” bunker boards with 15” twin fins set straight and about two inches off the tail. Good for power surfing, vertical blasts and your typical 4A surfer doing explosive tail riding maneuvers, but tough for little kids to ride. My little borthers just didn’t have the leg power or the ability I did, so Pa Campbell asked me to design something that the skinny legged little nippers could get down the line on. That’s when I came up with the single to double concave combined with the two side runners and the standard fin in the center. This was back in 1967. At the time I just called it the Leezer. The little fellas took to it right away and Pa was real happy. See he was busy designing all that soup and those soup cans. Tomato soup, chicken soup, creamy asparagus and all that. But I didn’t have no time for soup. I was setting CIF records as the only midget to ever rush for over 2,000 yards a game. I needed protein, not soup! So me and Pa Campbell had a falling out over the soup business, he cut me out of the will and I headed north where I went to work for Wise surf shop and shaped 700 boards for lotsa peeps up around Sloat. Dinkum and Milkem went on to rename my Leezer the Bonzer and cut me out of family history altogether. I went on to win the Baja 1000 25 times, do lots of sports (on boards) rot my teeth, meet my G/F, surf in the OB 4A division (where I consistently got fourth whenever the fifth guy in our district was sick), get shot 36 times while driving a cab and have numerous brushes with fame and fortune.

Have I told you about the time I was a waiter on a cruise ship that was hit by a rogue wave outside of Halfmoon Bay? I went overboard with nothing but a tray of drinks. I paddled straight on in on that tray and rode the first wave ever ridden at Mavericks. On a tray.

After that, I had pretty much done it all.

So I became a gardener.

Pa Campbell asked me to design something that the skinny legged little nippers could get down the line on. That’s when I came up with the single to double concave combined with the two side runners and the standard fin in the center. This was back in 1967. At the time I just called it the Leezer.

So I became a gardener.

• Wow
Reactions: Northern_Shores

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Ok ok. I think it is time to conclude this thread before it goes off rails (HA HA) so hard it'll skid out :)