Covid Skepticism

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Lots of people dying out there.. lots of people would have died without this lock down.

I bet more people have died from cancer, ODs, heart disease, suicides... the list goes on; than this scary virus in the past month.

We have a clown for a president who won't give supplies to certain states because they aren't "appreciative?"
Is this sh!t for real?

I'm pissed because I have many miles of empty beach break without a soul around, and I have to follow orders from idiots.

Last edited:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Why hasn't anyone compared this with Swine Flu? That was a similar CV situation, 150k Americans died (I think). NO lockdown, no crash

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It’s been compared repeatedly. Nobody cares. We’re all too busy giving up our liberties for a false sense of security.
Appropos to that, what proof do we have that the lockdown helped versus other, less draconian measures. Despite its proximity to China, Japan was not on lockdown until a day or two ago. People have been going to work. The Japanese haven't tested much for Coronavirus but, reportedly, have tried to isolate cases just as we did. There are not millions of bodies piling up in the morgue. NYC has been on lockdown yet has the most confirmed cases. Is this a result of more testing or is COVID worse there? Meanwhile, LA County is doing ok while on lockdown. How about the rest of the world not on lockdown where government has little control? Are there millions of dead bodies, or is life going on? The Harvard/Imperial College Doomsayer camp has made little effort to establish a control group to justify their claims. In fact, they appear to be doubling-down. Anything is better than admitting you're wrong I guess.

Fortunately, the Stanford camp cares more about the reputation of science.

Reactions: stringcheese

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Appropos to that, what proof do we have that the lockdown helped versus other, less draconian measures. Despite its proximity to China, Japan was not on lockdown until a day or two ago. People have been going to work. The Japanese haven't tested much for Coronavirus but, reportedly, have tried to isolate cases just as we did. There are not millions of bodies piling up in the morgue. NYC has been on lockdown yet has the most confirmed cases. Is this a result of more testing or is COVID worse there? Meanwhile, LA County is doing ok while on lockdown. How about the rest of the world not on lockdown where government has little control? Are there millions of dead bodies, or is life going on? The Harvard/Imperial College Doomsayer camp has made little effort to establish a control group to justify their claims. In fact, they appear to be doubling-down. Anything is better than admitting you're wrong I guess.

Fortunately, the Stanford camp cares more about the reputation of science.
Latitude of locations seems to have an effect on the numbers.

Mar 24, 2020
Apparently the people who have nothing going on (ie. living in their parents' basement) seem to be the most vocal about this pandemic and its effects on the American daily life
If you have truth on your side, thenwhy do you need to turn to insults?
Surely you have logical points to make that arent reactionary and emotional in nature....
Why are you resorting to silly name calling crap that the CIA pushes like tin foil, conspiracy theorist, mommies basement...
Its intellectually lazy, a d designed to shut down conversation...

Reactions: stringcheese

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Another interesting stat, this 1 from 2017,
please tell me me know why thee country was not shut down back then:
Deaths and Mortality Data are for the U.S.
  • Number of deaths: 2,813,503
  • Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
  • Life expectancy: 78.6 years
  • Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
  • Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
There are people, out + about right now.
They will die, someday, some sooner than others.

There are people staying inside, at home right now.
They too will die, someday, some sooner than others...

Take alll the precautions you want,
you will still die, someday.
Enjoy your life!
:)

Reactions: Anne t kryste