Covid Round 2

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
The problem with me and alcohol is that it got to the point where I couldn't stop. Like the next morning I'm craving a few to cure the hangover and then it's 10 days later and I'm about to get fired for lying, performance and sick days.

Haven't had a drink in 11 months after seeking help...it's like life is on cheat mode now.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The problem with me and alcohol is that it got to the point where I couldn't stop. Like the next morning I'm craving a few to cure the hangover and then it's 10 days later and I'm about to get fired for lying, performance and sick days.

Haven't had a drink in 11 months after seeking help...it's like life is on cheat mode now.
How much would drink on a big night when you were going for it?

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
How much would drink on a big night when you were going for it?
haha oh man...honestly some days on the boat would be 15-20 beers (to myself) with a ball (split between friends) and then 10+ drinks and more blow back at the house. May or may not have busted out some moonshine and benzos throughout too. It was fcked up. Non-boat days, the dark ones alone, were well over 25/30

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
haha oh man...honestly some days on the boat would be 15-20 beers (to myself) with a ball (split between friends) and then 10+ drinks and more blow back at the house. May or may not have busted out some moonshine and benzos throughout too. It was fcked up. Non-boat days, the dark ones alone, were well over 25/30
Wow.

That seems a little excessive.

Good job backing off!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Stop fishing ffs! That sh!t will kill you!

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
My grand pappy once told me....

Son.... you can't drink ALL day....

Unless you start in the morning! :shameonyou:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
quiet night at home with a good book after work would be a fifth of vodka, with ice and a splash of soda water to keep me hydrated and functioning in the morning. That was 7 days a week for the last several years of my drinking. Last year or two I needed a few ounces of vodka in my coffee in the morning just to stop shakin and get on the subway without going into the DTs. Nurse a discreet cup of vodka all morning until I could get to lunch and drink ”respectably”

a night out actually drinking? shots, chaos, adventures, jail on a few occasions, damaged relationships with countless loved ones, all the good stuff. blackouts and bad decisions as far as the eye can see. But it was the last few years of round the clock drinking that would have quickly destroyed my liver in just a few more years

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Wow.

That seems a little excessive.

Good job backing off!
It’s just alcoholic drinking. I would drink a couple dozen beers on a charter boat and really start partying when we hit the dock bars. Wouldn’t even think twice.

like you always say, it’s a super power, it just comes with a grisly and ghastly price tag

good on ya @wedge2 , keep it up bud. There are a bunch of sober guys here, and in most surf towns…And you ain’t kidding. If you can hack through life as a raging drunk, if you are lucky and work hard to stay sober, life gets super easy, even the hard stuff

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It’s just alcoholic drinking. I would drink a couple dozen beers on a charter boat and really start partying when we hit the dock bars. Wouldn’t even think twice.

like you always say, it’s a super power, it just comes with a grisly and ghastly price tag

good on ya @wedge2 , keep it up bud. There are a bunch of sober guys here, and in most surf towns…And you ain’t kidding. If you can hack through life as a raging drunk, if you are lucky and work hard to stay sober, life gets super easy, even the hard stuff
Try that without blow at $15/gram. The kind you never saw up there where the same thing here turned into a 1/4 oz by the time it hit New York.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Dude. Fresh off the boat Colombian gold flake, by the ounce, in Santa Teresa in the oughts. I know me some high grade uncut low cost South American flake. but yes, by the time it gets to New York, even the “good chit” it’s a joke of it former self

if I ended up moving down there in my 20,s which was sort of a plan at some point, I probably would have been dead by 30. Who knows…I also always knew that it would come down to death or sobriety for me, no matter where I happened to be at that time.

And besides, the Dominican family that was my retail/sometimes wholesale supply in New York from age 18 To 25 didn’t step too hard on their product, their prices were fair, and you could rely on a clean and decent product. Friendly and professional crew. Very low key and under the radar

maybe not the kind of cheap and pure product you had on hand all those years in Mexico, but, for a broke college kid in New York, I had all the Yahtzee I needed one phone call away. Didn’t matter if I didn’t have any money because there was always somebody at the bar who wanted a couple of bindles and they simply paid double what I paid . And they knew it. No risk to them, all the risk to me, and it’s my connection bud, you’re paying for the convenience. my hook up was more reliable than the best Uber eats guys, long before that was a thing

selling their convenient little pre wrapped professional heat sealed bindles paid for a LOT of my alcoholic drinking habit in college and early 20s. Amazing I never got locked up for any number of reasons and occasions

I was always honest (except when proclaiming my sobriety to cops), but I was a full blown drunk and criminal, at least in a petty drug selling kind of way. But if caught with 25 individual, ready for retail, 2.5 gram bindles of blow in my pocket, which I often had, would have sent me upstate for quite some time, even with a good lawyer and white privilege

ahhhh the bad old days….statute of limitations I assume has long since passed

• Wow
Reactions: brukuns

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Would be so fun to get a bunch of erbbers who are always bickering with each other and put them in a bar. I would for sure like to have a drink with some of the people I had meltdowns with... yes, plural.

On that note, just delivered documents at the US consulate today to get my son a Visa... planning to visit SoCal later this year... no dates or tickets just yet, but IT IS ON!
DONT FORGET THE FLOWERS!! :dancing:

Jan 15, 2023
Reading Subway and other recollections/drunkalogues reminds me of many precarious situations I put myself in, primarily in the SD/OC/LA area. I think of the too numerous times I got on the LA freeways after some Hollywood concert and be 3-sheets to the wind with nary a thought to the idiotic consequences that could have befallen me (and/or others). I did join AA, and though I'm not a zealot it changed my life. In early sobriety I became quite friendly with a LJ long time surfer/icon (a few of you on this listserv know/knew) and when I joked that about half the ____ surf club are in AA, he commented "and the other half should be"!!!!!!