COVID in China

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Some of the videos are disturbing. Not entirely unexpected from a Communist country. The amount of PPE in open air is bananas. Reminds me of my pharma development & manufacturing days working with OEB 5 compounds.

What does China know about COVID the rest of the world doesn't? Or is this all show on the worlds stage for the olympics?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
What does China know about COVID the rest of the world doesn't? Or is this all show on the worlds stage for the olympics?
It's about the fact that a lot of nations are boycotting the Olympics because of China's human rights record.
If on top of that people start dying from COVID because of the Olympics, that would be very bad for CCP.
Hence the overreaction.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Denmark culled Millions of minks back in 2020. I would hope in 2022, humans have learned a bit more About zoomosis.

It’s in whitetail deer. I’m an unpaid federal contractor to help manage deer population at a federal facility in NJ and the feds took sample of this seasons harvest to study this.

Hamsters just seem odd. Generally regarded as safe. Why not livestock, pigs, chickens, cattle, goats, sheep, camels, etc?

china’s up to something and knows more than they are sharing

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’m still trying to figure out if we should be mad at China for giving us the sniffles or if this is something serious? The chinaphobes seem to want it both ways.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I’m still trying to figure out if we should be mad at China for giving us the sniffles or if this is something serious? The chinaphobes seem to want it both ways.
You're playing checkers, bro.

China leaked the virus from a lab knowing it was also spreading from bats in wet markets to scare the western world into shutting down even though it was just a cold but they also shut themselves down and are doing it again because they're afraid of the cold they unleashed through a lab leak that was also spreading from bats in wet markets.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
China released the sniffles which caused the hysteria

The sniffles is not the problem, the hysteria is

Welcome to nuance

Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
China released the sniffles which caused the hysteria

The sniffles is not the problem, the hysteria is

Welcome to nuance
So we should be mad at China for the way we responded to the sniffles? Got it!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Some of the videos are disturbing. Not entirely unexpected from a Communist country. The amount of PPE in open air is bananas. Reminds me of my pharma development & manufacturing days working with OEB 5 compounds.

I asked an expat in China and he said the Chinese are divided on the issue but mostly ZeroCOVID and Xi Xinping wants to CONTROL THE VIRUS for the Olympics.

People think quarantines are for the good of society, a patriotic duty, a necessity, and taking one for the team. This is definitely a collectivist culture. They prefer individuals to die of heart attacks and miscarriages if it protects society from being exposed to a virus.

For example, a lady in Beijing tested positive a couple days ago. They published maps from her phone. Anyone who was within 5 miles of her path is in a panic, rushing to get a covid test. I hear people on the street and in our apartment complex asking each other where they can get tested because of long lines at hospitals. We got 5 phone calls yesterday asking if we had visited this place or that. All this panic from a lady who went to some shopping malls and restaurants, completely unaware that she was spreading the most deadly virus in human history, as she didn’t have even the slightest symptoms.

From an individualistic cultural perspective I think people would avoid getting tested to reduce the risk of getting their entire housing complex quarantined and having everyone hate them. Collectivists see that approach as being very selfish and dishonest.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
People think quarantines are for the good of society, a patriotic duty, a necessity, and taking one for the team. This is definitely a collectivist culture. They prefer individuals to die of heart attacks and miscarriages if it protects society from being exposed to a virus.

For example, a lady in Beijing tested positive a couple days ago. They published maps from her phone. Anyone who was within 5 miles of her path is in a panic, rushing to get a covid test. I hear people on the street and in our apartment complex asking each other where they can get tested because of long lines at hospitals. We got 5 phone calls yesterday asking if we had visited this place or that. All this panic from a lady who went to some shopping malls and restaurants, completely unaware that she was spreading the most deadly virus in human history, as she didn’t have even the slightest symptoms.

From an individualistic cultural perspective I think people would avoid getting tested to reduce the risk of getting their entire housing complex quarantined and having everyone hate them. Collectivists see that approach as being very selfish and dishonest.
The West is not collectivist. This is a sick mindset that we must fight at every turn as collectivists within us try and convert us to this herd/hive mentality.

We were gifted free will and individualism, we need to fight for it

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The West is not collectivist. This is a sick mindset that we must fight at every turn as collectivists within us try and convert us to this herd/hive mentality.

We were gifted free will and individualism, we need to fight for it
Even if kills you and sickens and kill others? The thought process of a spoiled child.