Controversial erBB topics: What is the definitive breakfast sandwich?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That gif is hilarious. I love Cold Cut Carl in the background just yelling "F*ck you" over and over again. Would love to see the play that precipitated it.

I guess you and GromsDad (that's right - you just got ilked with that mongoloid) can use your Bing search but it'll just tell you that Newtons are sandwiches too.
GromsDad is a fckng half-assed Flyers fan who doesn't know who Don Cherry is.

Here are the acceptable answers, and by acceptable, I mean pick the first one or you're getting thrown the F out right after we get rid of the rest of you people.

Giants/Jets
Knicks/Nets
Yanks/Mets
Rangers/Devils/Islanders aka FishSticks/Whale (RIP)

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
And to think, all Gromsdad had to use was a "reasonably" legit hot sauce instead of ketchup, it would've been all good.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge

Here are the acceptable answers, and by acceptable, I mean pick the first one or you're getting thrown the F out right after we get rid of the rest of you people.

Giants/Jets
Knicks/Nets
Yanks/Mets
I'll take "irrelevant teams with no playoff hopes" for $1,000

Reactions: Kento

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That gif is hilarious. I love Cold Cut Carl in the background just yelling "F*ck you" over and over again. Would love to see the play that precipitated it.
2010 ALCS Game 4; Texas outfielder thought he was going to rob Robinson Cano; Rangers player doesn't realize he is one of the most incompetent and inept thieves in the entire borough (Bronx) and that the baseball's LoJack was already factory refreshed and sold third party before the thought of stealing the already stolen ball occurred to him.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'll take "irrelevant teams with no playoff hopes" for $1,000
The Yankees made the playoffs, the Rangers probably will, Eli beat Tom Brady for jewelry twice while San Francisco is playing in Sacramento or Stockton or some sh!t and Oakland is basically the Chargers minus Spanos, and the Knicks...well.....hmmm........

Look the Barn has two jobs. Two. Jobs. You know what they are. They're both at the pasture you call a University. Get it done.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
2010 ALCS Game 4; Texas outfielder thought he was going to rob Robinson Cano; Rangers player doesn't realize he is one of the most incompetent and inept thieves in the entire borough (Bronx) and that the baseball's LoJack was already factory refreshed and sold third party before the thought of stealing the already stolen ball occurred to him.

Now it all makes sense! I love it. Perfect crowd reaction towards Mexi-Giles's whining. I would have thrown him some Kleenex.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Giants/Jets
Knicks/Nets
Yanks/Mets

Giants
Nets
Yanks
Devils

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
The Yankees made the playoffs, the Rangers probably will, Eli beat Tom Brady for jewelry twice while San Francisco is playing in Sacramento or Stockton or some sh!t and Oakland is basically the Chargers minus Spanos, and the Knicks...well.....hmmm........

Look the Barn has two jobs. Two. Jobs. You know what they are. They're both at the pasture you call a University. Get it done.
despite my overflowing HATE for the Davis Klan, Raiders upper management and the braintrust at the City of Oakland, the Raiders did manage to stumble into a win over the San Bernadino Chargers.

Two tough games, hopefully they can redeem themselves after the LSU loss and the debacle at the Sump

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Oakland is basically the Chargers minus Spanos,
I guess one cruel ilking deserves another.

Spanos would be Mark Davis with 30 years of daily coke and PF Chang use. Davis actually belongs in Vegas - the Raiders don't.

The Vegas tailgating will be lame compared to Oakland.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
There is a vast difference between a corn tortilla and a wheat flour one.

Corn are solid masses for the most part with little to no air inside. Flour tortillas do have some air bubbles inside and the surfaces can separate when toasted/grilled. So yes, in a sense, flour tortillas are a form of bread, but corn tortillas are not.
Wrong. How do you know when to flip a tortilla made of masa on the comal? Cuando se infla.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Wrong. How do you know when to flip a tortilla made of masa on the comal? Cuando se infla.
I've seen some corn tortillas blow up on a grill, but rare, so depending on the tortilleria, when initially processed/pressed, they can have some air bubbles inside. They are still considered a flatbread by most definitions though.

I remember heating up flour tortillas on the open flame on our stove a bit, with just a hint of burnt edges (but not as burnt as your pic), then slapping some butter or margarine on them for a quick after school snack. Some got big bubbles and would be far from flat. Could almost make a pita out of them. Or even better, slapping some cold-cut ham, bologna or salami and cheese in the middle and wrapping them like a flattened burrito and instant quesadilla/sandwich on the grill. Grilled queso con carne, gringo style. We were kinda poor when we were kids, and those were treats.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Back on topic

Breakfast Sandwich
Too sweet, there has to be a line drawn somewhere. A pastry can be a sandwich, but it isn't always a sandwich. Case in point, the Pop-Tart and other similar varieties.