Controversial erBB topics: What is the definitive breakfast sandwich?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
and burrito literally translates to "little donkey"
I'll have a chicken little donkey, no beans, extra guac, add fried jalapenos y lechuga.
burrito is basically a USA state-side creation.

You can hardly even find flour tortillias in most of Mexico, except the northern border state regions. Some stores carry them, but not nearly the quantities of corn tortillas, probably 100 or even 1000 to 1.

Guys like el Ogro probably have the wife make them, if he's jonesing for an American style burrito.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

You can hardly even find flour tortillias in most of Mexico, except the northern border state regions. Some stores carry them, but not nearly the quantities of corn tortillas, probably 100 or even 1000 to 1.

Guys like el Ogro probably have the wife make them, if he's jonesing for an American style burrito.
I worked my way through the late 70’s cooking Mexican food. I’ve made more burritos than the rest of the erBB combined. Chimichangas too. My wife makes picadillas (what hermano ____ posted as sopes) tortillas de masa for quesadillas camaronillas pescadillas and my own creation huevadillas. El O no likie mixing masa and deep frying. Women’s work.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

flour tortillas are a fvcking abomination.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I worked my way through the late 70’s cooking Mexican food. I’ve made more burritos than the rest of the erBB combined. Chimichangas too. My wife makes picadillas (what hermano ____ posted as sopes) tortillas de masa for quesadillas camaronillas pescadillas and my own creation huevadillas. El O no likie mixing masa and deep frying. Women’s work.
Are you the stoner who accidentally knocked the burrito into the deep fryer, inadvertently inventing the chimichanga?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
huaraches are so farkin good

there's a great spot that has them up in santa monica

you don't see them around very much here
I had a bomb huarache in Riverside

El Patron Restaurant in the old train station