Come clean about your dislike for Trumby. Do you hate HIM or his policies? Or Both?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Obama's lie cost you your previous doctor?

Well, not really. If the old doctor is in your new plan, no harm. If your old doctor isn't, then switch doctors. That costs you nothing.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You must have zero grasp on the importance of the provider-patient relationship, quality of care rendered, and how it's relevant to medical outcomes.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I definitely don't understand the health care situation.

Part of solve the problem is shaming people to be healthier.

I don't know how we do that.

People are making a lot of money out of people having shitty habits.

They aint gonna like any change.

Reactions: Ifallalot

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

You must have zero grasp on the importance of the provider-patient relationship, quality of care rendered, and how it's relevant to medical outcomes.
I guess i don't.

I don't build much of a bond with a doctor that I see for 20 minutes, once a year.

Quality of care rendered is an issue. That's why if I don't like a doctor, I find another one. But most doctors are professional, and interchangeable.

On the other hand, when Obama care took effect, I didn't need to find a new doctor.

How common was that?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I know exactly what you're going through.
Every time my dad went to the hospital he came out worse than he was. It's just not a good environment for older people who are fighting behavioral changes caused by old age or dementia. He was abusive to the staff, which was totally out of character for him. He was freightened and paranoid. Tried to leave the hospital a few times....
They would drug him up and that would make him delirious but didn't really calm him down.
It was horrible to watch, I had to put a stop to that and just be at the hospital 24/7 and calm him down when he started getting agitated. As soon as he was out of the hospital he started doing better but every hospital visit was like 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

I promised him I'd never put him in a home, that's what he was most scared of. He saw his sister go downhill in one of those places and how horrible that environment was.

Getting old sucks but having family and friend support makes an amazing difference to their quality of life.
It takes a lot of sacrifice and patience but you can only hope that karma will do its thing and that somebody will be there for you when your time comes.

Cowabunga.
:shaka:
I'm sorry you had to deal with that

My grandma got dementia recently and the downhill slide happened so quickly. She was ok and just getting a little off and then she had to go into surgery for a fall and was never right after that. There were some complications on the anaetheisa that really exacerbated the problem.

Reactions: FecalFace

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

Back in the Philippines, isn't one voodoo doctor swinging a chicken over his head, thge same as any other voodoo doctor swinging a chicken over his head?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I guess i don't.

I don't build much of a bond with a doctor that I see for 20 minutes, once a year.
Because you are young and healthy.

People with medical issues build bonds with their doctors.

The continuity of care over months and years is something sick patients and their care provider know is incredibly valuable.

Quality of care rendered is an issue. That's why if I don't like a doctor, I find another one. But most doctors are professional, and interchangeable.
False, you don't understand this because you are healthy.

On the other hand, when Obama care took effect, I didn't need to find a new doctor.

How common was that?
Very.

Additionally the number of available providers shrunk.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Because you are young and healthy.
No, I'm old, and I've had no trouble finding great doctors after Obama care.

Additionally the number of available providers shrunk
Really, there are fewer doctors now? Where did they go? Did Obama care create doctor internment camps?

That only happens in the Philippines. Duterte shot all the doctors, thinking theyg were drug dealers

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
How about the effect on people like me who's premiums more than doubled in a 6 year span while the coverage got exponentially worse? What happened to Obama's famous LIE/promise that his plan would save families like mine $2500 a year?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Another problem I have with trump is he is cruel man.

People like it because he's cruel to their perceived enemies.

It's all fun and games now.

He could just as easily turn the cruelty on them.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
No, I'm old, and I've had no trouble finding great doctors after Obama care.
No, you are not old.

And you are not dealing with any chronic illnesses/comorbidities that makes continuity of care important.

You really like to argue, don't you?

Really, there are fewer doctors now? Where did they go? Did Obama care create doctor internment camps?
No.

Networks shrunk due to insurance changes and payment issues.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias

So what is worse, not being able to keep your doctor or millions of people without health insurance?

Trump told million lies that affect people in a negative way, Obama told one.

And now we are discussing that one lie by Obama in a thread about Trump's million lies.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Isn't trump trying get rid of the ACA?

How are trump people with pre-existing conditions and kids in their 20s still insured under their parents' insurance going to avoid cognitive dissonance when that happens?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Isn't trump trying get rid of the ACA?

How are trump people with pre-existing conditions and kids in their 20s still insured under their parents' insurance going to avoid cognitive dissonance when that happens?
Well, they're mandated to hold insurance now so they couldn't even go with a protest-non-insured if they wanted to

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
No, you are not old.

And you are not dealing with any chronic illnesses/comorbidities that makes continuity of care important.

You really like to argue, don't you?

No.

Networks shrunk due to insurance changes and payment issues.
You read my medical records!!!

No privacy at all!!!

And you are arguing with me about my medical history? That's weird

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
And you are arguing with me about my medical history? That's weird
No, Fecal.

I'm arguing with you about your statement that it's no big deal for someone to lose their doctor because they just find another one and doctors are all basically the same. Etc.

As far as your medical history, you commented you see a doctor once a year.
You also do physical labor for a living, make surfboards, and surf.
From this I can guess you are probably in good health.
If you actually were/or had suffered with a significant chronic illness you would understand the significance of continuity of care and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I'm arguing with you about your statement that it's no big deal for someone to lose their doctor because they just find another one and doctors are all basically the same. Etc.
This exactly like screeching about how a single reusable bag makes clutter in your car.

20 million uninsured who didn't have access to ANY doctor, finally got access to healthcare under Obamacare and you're crying about a few people having to change their doctors?

Also, insurance companies had nothing to do with this?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
No, Fecal.

As far as your medical history, you commented you see a doctor once a year.
You also do physical labor for a living, make surfboards, and surf.
From this I can guess you are probably in good health.
If you actually were/or had suffered with a significant chronic illness you would understand the significance of continuity of care and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Well, if you knew my, and my families medical history, you wouldn't be talking like you know me.

Let's say that under Obama care, we are at UCLA medical center weekly to monthly.

Did you know that UCLA medical center is a blue shield provider?

We did have a family doctor say they would only see patients if we paid a cash premium over the coverage. We found another doctor. I'm not sure if kickbacks like that are legal.

But you're a PresidentRump supporter. Don't you like it when corporations put profit above patient care and wages?

Did the hospital you work for trickle do an any of that tax cut money to your wages?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Well, if you knew my, and my families medical history, you wouldn't be talking like you know me.

Let's say that under Obama care, we are at UCLA medical center weekly to monthly.
So we've gone from

"I see my doctor once a year."

to

"We are at UCLA medical center weekly to monthly."

lol

Like I said, you like to argue.

Patients build bonds of care and trust with their doctors. Maybe you don't, but the vast majority of people with long term medical issues do. I see this play out every day I work. Or when physicians retire and patients are left with their partner. And continuity of care generally produces better results.

Even when people don't like their doctor it can be difficult to dump them - the continuity of care has some value.