Come clean about your dislike for Trumby. Do you hate HIM or his policies? Or Both?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
He'll become less Presidential. He now knows he can get away with almost anything, he knows nothing his base wants is getting past Nancy and possibly Schumer, 2020 depending, and if he's not planning on running for re-election in 2024 what would the pretense be for?

My Dad's 78. His ability to refrain from being the hugest asshole possible to almost everyone, for absolutely no reason at all, has been hang gliding with an anchor relative to the early 70s. My mom and I find ourselves saying the same things to him he'd say to me when I was 4 years old, and we weren't on eggshells every time we went out in public just five years ago. He had some semblance of patience, some ability to hold his tongue. Now, someone gets within sensory perception, it's about even money he'll talk sh!t under his breath, which in many settings, everyone can hear.

Trump's been completely graceless his entire life.

I hope Bloomberg or Buttigieg or someone other than Biden or Bernie gets the nom on account of how ugly the campaign will be. I don't see Bernie/Biden keeping their cool on a debate stage the way HRC did. I'd give it 1 in 4 odds of a Grampy fight, literal feeble fisticuffs, if one of those two faces Trump in the general.
Does Dad post here? I can think of a few who match the description.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Does Dad post here? I can think of a few who match the description.
No he's not technologically inclined in the slightest. We bought him a prepaid phone and tried to show him how to use it. The first time he went to use it the battery had died, the second time, he didn't hang up the call and it ate all the prepaid minutes.

I haven't spoken to him this week but I have to call him and ask about Iowa. He'll for sure be big mad triggered that Biden came in 4th and is about to be DONE, and about the only thing that made it worse was Sanders, who would already result in him launching into a blue streak since about mid-2015, is front and center.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Being a good president isn’t actually that hard

you don’t need to be a genius

you just need to grasp when America is getting f’d in the ass and do something about it

which no president for at least 40 yrs and maybe 60 yrs has done

we are the dominant male monkey and it doesn’t take a genius to recognize it and stop us being taken advantage of

scoreboard

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Being a good president isn’t actually that hard

you don’t need to be a genius

you just need to grasp when America is getting f’d in the ass and do something about it

which no president for at least 40 yrs and maybe 60 yrs has done

we are the dominant male monkey and it doesn’t take a genius to recognize it and stop us being taken advantage of

scoreboard
Agree to disagree.

Where'd you go?

Afoaf was worried/

#metoo.

Reactions: FecalFace

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My Dad's 78. His ability to refrain from being the hugest asshole possible to almost everyone, for absolutely no reason at all, has been hang gliding with an anchor relative to the early 70s. My mom and I find ourselves saying the same things to him he'd say to me when I was 4 years old, and we weren't on eggshells every time we went out in public just five years ago. He had some semblance of patience, some ability to hold his tongue. Now, someone gets within sensory perception, it's about even money he'll talk sh!t under his breath, which in many settings, everyone can hear.
My dad did this too.

When mom died, he killed himself.

It sucked but in a way it was a relief too because him with out my mom asserting some control over him would have been a nightmare.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
My dad did this too.

When mom died, he killed himself.

It sucked but in a way it was a relief too because him with out my mom asserting some control over him would have been a nightmare.
Damn man that is extra heavy sh!t. Sorry you had to go through that.

I try to exert control, but it's like, I can reasonably grab his three gulps left beer and prevent him from waving it at the wait staff who isn't ours carrying a full tray or taking another table's order, but calling out "MISS, MISS, MISS", I feel like reaching across the table to put my hand over his mouth is a step too far.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Damn man that is extra heavy sh!t. Sorry you had to go through that.

I try to exert control, but it's like, I can reasonably grab his three gulps left beer and prevent him from waving it at the wait staff who isn't ours carrying a full tray or taking another table's order, but calling out "MISS, MISS, MISS", I feel like reaching across the table to put my hand over his mouth is a step too far.
Dementia is a terribly shitty desease, especially when somebody you love changes behavior over a matter of months.
I've seen my father go the same way.
You need a patience of an angel and great self-control not to take that stuff personally.
You got it, libcuck bro. :shaka:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Dementia is a terribly shitty desease, especially when somebody you love changes behavior over a matter of months.
I've seen my father go the same way.
You need a patience of an angel and great self-control not to take that stuff personally.
You got it, libcuck bro. :shaka:
I don't think he has dementia reading the symptoms? He still lives alone up a stairway. The behavior kind of started in his early 70s, and it's kind of plateau'd and we just have the same friction. Don't throw WTF raised arms if host staff looks at the chart of tables or turns to see if one is bused instead of instantly seating us; don't verbally hail all and sundry because you might go 30 seconds with no alcohol.

Occasional forgetting things/repeating things and being an asshole to people other than me and my mom is about the only symptoms from the list. He does well in the evenings the rare times he's with mixed family and drinks less and doesn't start till like 2.

And he was way, way, way worse with the hospital staff (who saved his life) because he couldn't smoke and drink. I was dying inside trying to profusely thank those people and getting what appeared to be genuine but also well-practiced courtesy back as they moved like low-key lightning to ink the GTFO paperwork.

Getting old is not for wimps.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Obama's lie cost you your previous doctor?

Well, not really. If the old doctor is in your new plan, no harm. If your old doctor isn't, then switch doctors. That costs you nothing.

Donnie borrowed a trillion dollars to pay for that tax break for the rich. You do think that was free money you never had to pay back?

Sure, Donnie's lies don't cost anything

Reactions: Phi1

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I don't think he has dementia reading the symptoms? He still lives alone up a stairway. The behavior kind of started in his early 70s, and it's kind of plateau'd and we just have the same friction. Don't throw WTF raised arms if host staff looks at the chart of tables or turns to see if one is bused instead of instantly seating us; don't verbally hail all and sundry because you might go 30 seconds with no alcohol.

Occasional forgetting things/repeating things and being an asshole to people other than me and my mom is about the only symptoms from the list. He does well in the evenings the rare times he's with mixed family and drinks less and doesn't start till like 2.

And he was way, way, way worse with the hospital staff (who saved his life) because he couldn't smoke and drink. I was dying inside trying to profusely thank those people and getting what appeared to be genuine but also well-practiced courtesy back as they moved like low-key lightning to ink the GTFO paperwork.

My dad assaulted the memory care staff...

Twice...

The second time he tried to strangle a caregiver. They gave him the needle and said to get him out after that.

They can't restrain the senile, but they can drug them into a coma.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias

I know exactly what you're going through.
Every time my dad went to the hospital he came out worse than he was. It's just not a good environment for older people who are fighting behavioral changes caused by old age or dementia. He was abusive to the staff, which was totally out of character for him. He was freightened and paranoid. Tried to leave the hospital a few times....
They would drug him up and that would make him delirious but didn't really calm him down.
It was horrible to watch, I had to put a stop to that and just be at the hospital 24/7 and calm him down when he started getting agitated. As soon as he was out of the hospital he started doing better but every hospital visit was like 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

I promised him I'd never put him in a home, that's what he was most scared of. He saw his sister go downhill in one of those places and how horrible that environment was.

Getting old sucks but having family and friend support makes an amazing difference to their quality of life.
It takes a lot of sacrifice and patience but you can only hope that karma will do its thing and that somebody will be there for you when your time comes.

Cowabunga.
:shaka:

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
If trump really referred to traumatic brain injuries that military sustained as “headaches “ that is possibly the worst I’ve heard him say that spans across dislike for him and belief that he is a f*cking horrible president and commander in chief
He himself said something like he could shoot someone right on fifth avenue and still get elected, and at this point I don’t even think that’s an exaggeration

What the f*ck is wrong with us that so many people love this douchebag who refers to TBIs suffered by people under his command as headaches?

cowabunga
rg

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If trump really referred to traumatic brain injuries that military sustained as “headaches “ that is possibly the worst I’ve heard him say that spans across dislike for him and belief that he is a f*cking horrible president and commander in chief
He himself said something like he could shoot someone right on fifth avenue and still get elected, and at this point I don’t even think that’s an exaggeration

What the f*ck is wrong with us that so many people love this douchebag who refers to TBIs suffered by people under his command as headaches?

cowabunga
rg
Curious of your feelings about a media that takes glee in reporting something as simple as a handfull of soldiers getting checked out for concussions after being near a bomb blast as some sort of a gotcha on a president. Do you honestly think the same media outlets would have ever used something like this as a gotcha against former president Obama?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Anyone who publicly minimizes potentially serious damage to people they command should not be commanding people. Regardless of party affiliation

It’s not a gotcha on the president, you f*cking moron. It’s the president minimizing potentially serious injuries to the people in his command
And I would absolutely fault anyone how did that
I don’t expect you to agree or understand my point and I’m not going to engage further with you, but I’m honestly curious about how others think this is ok
But gromsdad, you’re a f*cking moron, and likely unable to have an intelligent conversation
cowabunga
rg

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Are familiar with the concept of the framing effect?

How you characterize things influences the decisions of others as well as the person creating the frame.

Trump's cruelty is a red flag.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

My dad had all his marbles.

He just got really disagreeable, combative, and bad tempered. Picking fights for no reason. He always had self regulation issue but got worse near the end.

He's in the retirement community and some old guy is reading a book by Ann Coulter by the pool.

My dad walks over and says, "Ann Coulter? She's a fucking idiot."

Then the guy who's reading the book looks at my dad with a WTF expression and says, "You're a fucking idiot."

Which I thought was good comeback. :poop:

• Love

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Agree to disagree.

Where'd you go?

Afoaf was worried/

#metoo.
I stopped having fun posting here and reading about political stuff

now it’s at the point where the political stuff is so pervasive I wanted to vent a bit and this place is pretty good for that

I can’t admit to anyone I know the things I think

my parents are retired and watch msnbc constantly

my wife reads NYTimez daily

everyone I know is left wing and I don’t want to have any conflicts so I stay in the closet on this stuff

I think many know I don’t agree but am just polite about it. some really don’t know and will make comments about whatever left wing thing is the hysteria of the day and I’m like “wow, amazing!”

consider that there are trumpists in your midst and you might not even know

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Anyone who publicly minimizes potentially serious damage to people they command should not be commanding people. Regardless of party affiliation

It’s not a gotcha on the president, you f*cking moron. It’s the president minimizing potentially serious injuries to the people in his command
And I would absolutely fault anyone how did that
I don’t expect you to agree or understand my point and I’m not going to engage further with you, but I’m honestly curious about how others think this is ok
But gromsdad, you’re a f*cking moron, and likely unable to have an intelligent conversation
cowabunga
rg
Do you think your post represents intelligent conversation? You're simply dishonest and unwilling to engage in an honest conversation. Feel free to throw out some more insults as its the surest way for you to show that you know I've made good points that you can't otherwise debate.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I stopped having fun posting here and reading about political stuff

now it’s at the point where the political stuff is so pervasive I wanted to vent a bit and this place is pretty good for that

I can’t admit to anyone I know the things I think

my parents are retired and watch msnbc constantly

my wife reads NYTimez daily

everyone I know is left wing and I don’t want to have any conflicts so I stay in the closet on this stuff

I think many know I don’t agree but am just polite about it. some really don’t know and will make comments about whatever left wing thing is the hysteria of the day and I’m like “wow, amazing!”

consider that there are trumpists in your midst and you might not even know
Oh. I know it. I never bring up politics in mixed company. Lots of kids at school love him.

my friend who is a trump guy brings politics up at least once per interaction.

I just go dead fish on him.

I had this idea that he feels like my not engaging is a signal of submission. He needs to feel like he has the dominant postion. That is his insecurity.

He does it to test.

I'm like lets talk about pussy or music or surfing or dead lifting.

I have to steer him toward those topics. Then he's fine. It's like oh, there is my old semi normal friend.

It's funny.