• Mostly yes

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I don’t buy it. LOL
Maybe you are in the rare 5% of ML riders who “have it wired”. But that’s not what I see of the overwhelming majority in the water. Yet I guarantee, 100% of them feel/think/know they are surfing “better than they ever have”. Most of them are not correct. But maybe you actually are- and it suits your style better than a shortboard... or you just have really kind friends! Either way, a magic board is one that makes you feel how you described so it sounds like you found one. Stocked.

Last edited:

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I think the waves you typically surf can make a difference as well .... here in Nica .... i learned quickly how much faster a lot of spots are compared to what i was used to in SoCal. Some boards that were so-so in SoCal - all of sudden worked well and vice versa. Faster - steeper waves definitely seems to complement ML and wide point forward style boards.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I don’t buy it. LOL
Maybe you are in the rare 5% of ML riders who “have it wired”. But that’s not what I see of the overwhelming majority in the water. Yet I guarantee, 100% of them feel/think/know they are surfing “better than they ever have”. Most of them are not correct.
One of the dad rippers at my local recently traded in his trusty thrusty for a mid (not the CI). I think he looks like chit on it but he said he’s having a blast. Have seen him get guff from the other shorties who don’t know him for hogging waves, which he isn’t, he’s just on a mid and is subject to a different set of rules. Lol.