Christenson Lane Splitter

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
tracked a squash tail down. fun boar. I get it why it’s called the lane splitter. really fun in critical pitching surf and threading the needle.

foil under arm felt yuge but it all disappears in the water. Tons of foam under chest and a friendly rocker gets in early yet has that slow motion feeling dropping into steeps.

didn’t like the CC twins, TA’s are doing the trick.

I see this one in the active rotation for a bit.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Board looks way better than I would have expected. The vid Eastcoastbro posted the board looks too short for the fella. doesn't flow at all and his surfing is choppy. but you can see good elements of design in the bore

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
tracked a squash tail down. fun boar. I get it why it’s called the lane splitter. really fun in critical pitching surf and threading the needle.

foil under arm felt yuge but it all disappears in the water. Tons of foam under chest and a friendly rocker gets in early yet has that slow motion feeling dropping into steeps.

didn’t like the CC twins, TA’s are doing the trick.

I see this one in the active rotation for a bit.
BMTs work too

Reactions: j_mac and sdsrfr

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
Board looks way better than I would have expected. The vid Eastcoastbro posted the board looks too short for the fella. doesn't flow at all and his surfing is choppy. but you can see good elements of design in the bore
Agreed. I think Brett Barley tends to undersize or under volume some of his boards now that he is getting his boards through Real. Not always though.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
imo there is no need to under volume this shape, it can be foamed up like a fish.

on mine, the nose has all sorts of witchcraft going on. very pointy and a slight hard edge in the last few inches. fugs with me when I grab the nose, it had to be intentional.

never seen something like it before but I’m new to CC‘s.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
do yall usually go down a couple inches in length on a twin fin?
Yeah, generally. My SB thruster/quad would be 6'0-6'1 x 19 1/2 - 3/4 x 2 1/2-5/8 is reserved for good Socal CH-HH+.
Twins would usually be 5'8-5'11 x 20+/- and same thickness. Fish, Superchunk twin, and Plasmic are 5'8, more performance twin like Twinsman is 5'10.
Caveat: I'd be riding 5'6 Plasmic and TKF if I could still paddle them without neck/shoulder pain.
Dont. Get. Old.

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
I have both a stamps tkf 5’6x21x2.38 32.7L and banjo keel 5’6x20.5x2.38 30.8L

i like the tkf foil more, for a fish, and apparently thickness tells me nothing on paper.
How do you like the TKF? And that vs the Banjo? I almost ordered a TKF when I picked up my blindspot. I was intending to order an album sunstone but Tim's been nailing it on my hpsb's so...

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
How do you like the TKF? And that vs the Banjo? I almost ordered a TKF when I picked up my blindspot. I was intending to order an album sunstone but Tim's been nailing it on my hpsb's so...
Search, I’ve written it up a few times, too lazy to type it again. Tkf is a magic carpet.