Christenson Lane Splitter

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Or video:

I don't know whether CC is bored, shy, disinterested, a bit of a dick, or something else, but he doesn't exactly come across as Mr Congeniality, does he?

Reactions: MathDebater

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That plan shape looks like it is wasted as a twin

I wonder if I could get a custom with a thruster set up

Reactions: Havoc

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
Or video:

I don't know whether CC is bored, shy, disinterested, a bit of a dick, or something else, but he doesn't exactly come across as Mr Congeniality, does he?
Depends, Do you want your shaper to be Mr Congeniality or be a good shaper?
He's just giving you the run down on the board, not trying to be a cheerleader.

Hung out with him a few times...CCs pretty mellow in general. not really a on cam personality type.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Good to know, jbd.

I've met him at Aussie Fish Fries a few times, and it was hard work getting a word out of him. Just surprised that he's not more enthusiastic when talking about his latest design. Americans usually talk things up, as opposed to us Antipodeans.

Hope he's a good dude, and just a bit quiet.

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
Good to know, jbd.

I've met him at Aussie Fish Fries a few times, and it was hard work getting a word out of him. Just surprised that he's not more enthusiastic when talking about his latest design. Americans usually talk things up, as opposed to us Antipodeans.

He comes here and stays with my buddy (erBBer btw) sometimes, (somehow always seems to catch swell here, which isn't easy.)
He's just quiet unless you strike up the conversation. Next time talk cars, surfboards or snowboarding....he'll talk.
I prefer him over the loud mouth types that want to tell a thousand stories about back in the day....yada yada.

Last edited:

csarqui

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 11, 2009
He’s one of my favorite San Diego shapers because of his designs and his ability to run a successful surfboard business. I’d like to try this shape just because of his legacy.

Reactions: JDJ and Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Good to know, jbd.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
^Agreed, not saying he's charging too much (my buddy Matt at Bing charges similar prices), just a little steep for someone (me) that probably couldn't get a bro-deal on one.

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
^Agreed, not saying he's charging too much (my buddy Matt at Bing charges similar prices), just a little steep for someone (me) that probably couldn't get a bro-deal on one.
As a rule, I never ask any shaper for a "bro deal", I think it's pretty tacky to ask for that kind of stuff when a guy is trying to make a living building surfboards.
He's right in line with most good shapers around that area, boards are cheaper here on the east coast but so are homes, gas, cost of living etc...

Reactions: Bman76

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I don't ask for deals, they've been extended quite often as is probably the case with many members here if you surf well and are surfing in the same circles as shapers or their brand's reps. It's kind of a marketing tool for them and they'll offer discounts to entice someone to try their shapes.

Reactions: Aruka