Chopes Right Hander in the Solomans?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Just found part two. Excited to watch it. I'm going outside now(in a way).

(Time elapses while I watch...)

Wowsers!

'never been a fan of the rider pov generally speaking, or too much drone when it comes to watching surfers ride waves, but when you use the three (camera) points of view together it's so beyond anything else you can watch on a screen IMO.

I could feel the heaving out there, and I can't even fathom (more like half a fathom), what it must be like to quickly dismount, jump in piledriver style to penetrate, feel the reef with your toes so you can quickly compress, lay out, grab the reef or ball up whatever the fuh they have to do to hope the thing just lets go and passes by in an instant. Whatever they gotta do I can sense their hope, trepidation whatever that is.

I feel like I went outside for a minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Very cool and bananas.

brought back memories of aitutaki and non-surfabke closeout waves. First few days, massive swell with a little surfable waist high shore break on the beach that squeaked through. Then next few days were flat and were able to kayak out to reef & beyond. Flat reef, no real pass, a cliff and a deep ocean full of massive sea life everywhere. Humbling and scary.

Reactions: grapedrink

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Ho dang, i'm gonna watch pt. 2 and 3 tonight on my TV. Stocked!

IMO, Nathan Florence and Dylan Graves put out the best surf content BY FAR.
His vids from Ireland are really good too. He puts himself in the GNARLIEST situations, but he has the skills, athleticism, and knowledge to stay safe. It's nuts.

Sep 24, 2019
I'm still mad at Nathan for shilling some shitty NFTs back in like 21 but other than that I agree, he is super likable and charges like no other

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Wow, that body surfing footage in Pt. 3 is magical! Certainly some of the most beautiful imagery I've seen in a long time.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Insane. Insane. There used to be a wave in Kingston, JA that had water that clear. Hurricane Ivan pushed all the reef rocks up onto the beach so it's gone now. Felt like you were surfing over air. Every wave on some days looked like something out of a Jeff Divine catalog.
The shot of the edge of the reef in part 2 was pretty amazing:
1707842859415.png