Catfight at Pipeline

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Mexico considered second world? surprised if it is. The idea of walking around in any mexican bigish city gives me the hibbie jibbies. I don't think a place as violent as Mexico can be considered 2nd world. Where I live is no walk in the park, but Mexico is downright scary (at least that's the vibe I get from it, never been)
This'll blow your mind: Mexico is (was) First World.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Hahaha thats me.

There’s guys I think are nice, until i (or they) get in the water:shameonyou:
Funny story about one of the better surfers in town , who gets way too many waves.
My buddy and I always would grumble when "wavehog" paddled out. Then one day my buddy has a meeting with a vendor looking to sell him some software for his company.

The sales rep is none other than the wave hog hahaha. My buddy asks him right away "do you recognize me? or just another empty face in the water to drop in on?"Took wavehog a moment till he realized he was busted hahaha
My buddy made a few more jokes about how the tables have turned and I think they ended up doing business together.

unrelated Wave hog called me into a gem on the Huge south swell so he is A-ok with me :)

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
The thing is, in the 1st world, you have the freedom to live a minimalist existence if you really wanted to, or if you felt that you do not need much in order to enjoy life and be happy. But you can still count on the benefits of the 1st world if you are ever in a jam

It doesn't work the other way living in the 3rd world country.
True story...

My English retiree neighbor, ex-engineer/mechanic with MacLaren's Formula 1 team, had a major heart attack. He was airlifted by helicopter to the next island over as ours has no cardiologist on it. They saved his life with a 4 way bypass and who knows what other crazy experimental stuff in Gran Canaria at the Doctor Negrin teaching hospital. As soon as he returned and was walking around the block for pt. He stopped by one day and told me about the whole ordeal. His words... "If this had happened to me in the U.K. where I used to live in London, I'd either have died at the hands of the NHS, or more likely than not, sitting stuck in traffic in the back of the ambulance.".

1st world is great, but haven't you noticed that the healthcare systems there seem to be failing just as much as they are anywhere else with this most recent pandemic? Also, chance of infection clearly rises with population... 1st world does not strike me as a precisely undercrowded part of the world.

Keep it.

2nd n 3rd world too for that matter...

Find a niche in the 1st world limited by geography for expansion beyond comfortable limits for the local infrastructure.

It ain't easy!

Last edited:
Reactions: paunch23

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
True story...

My English retiree neighbor, ex-engineer/mechanic with MacLaren's Formula 1 team, had a major heart attack. He was airlifted by helicopter to the next island over as ours has no cardiologist on it. They saved his life with a 4 way bypass and who knows what other crazy experimental stuff in Gran Canaria at the Doctor Negrin teaching hospital. As soon as he returned and was walking around the block for pt. He stopped by one day and told me about the whole ordeal. His words... "If this had happened to me in the U.K. where I used to live in London, I'd either have died at the hands of the NHS, or more likely than not, sitting stuck in traffic in the back of the ambulance.".

1st world is great, but haven't you noticed that the healthcare systems there seem to be failing just as much as they are anywhere else with this most recent pandemic? Also, chance of infection clearly rises with population... 1st world does not strike me as a precisely undercrowded part of the world.

Keep it.

2nd n 3rd world too for that matter...

Find a niche in the 1st world limited by geography for expansion beyond comfortable limits for the local infrastructure.

It ain't easy!
I don't think you're impressing many people with your Nth World flex from a Western Europe EU member nation, even down in the Canaries. I mean, yeah, it's not Germany, Denmark or Holland, but it ain't Liberia either.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I don't think you're impressing many people with your Nth World flex from a Western Europe EU member nation, even down in the Canaries. I mean, yeah, it's not Germany, Denmark or Holland, but it ain't Liberia either.
1st world, geographically limited by ocean on all 4 sides, national parks on land and in the water, and volcanoes.

Only thing that could harsh our mellow here would be one of either two unlikely events... Morocco declaring war on Spain, or either country drilling for oil offshore.

Studied hard before we picked here. Not trying to impress anyone, but I know there's plenty of erBB'rs contemplating relocation given the recent global changes in economy (employment, etc), work (WFH) and the whole quarenteening thing.

Just adding my 0.02 ¢ as food for thought for them.

:bowdown:

Reactions: santacruzin