canada burning/nyc apocalypse…

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
at least it doesn’t smell like burning tar or dead bodies - more like hickory smoked trash…

9145B5E2-CBF3-4756-9C2A-72F74EF4A611.jpeg

empire state bldg.hazy center from the 46th floor terrace at debevoise plimpton…

gotta go down in the subway for better air quality. (?????)

the locusts should be here by the weekend…

:cursing:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
at least it doesn’t smell like burning tar or dead bodies - more like hickory smoked trash…

View attachment 155837

empire state bldg.hazy center from the 46th floor terrace at debevoise plimpton…

gotta go down in the subway for better air quality. (?????)

the locusts should be here by the weekend…

:cursing:
DAM! That's like All of Hawaii when the SMOG from the Volcano goes off on the Big Island and the tradewind flow distributes the volcano smoke around the Island chain. ( and you fella's back East can't see nor hear Subway luckily ~ :nana: )

• Love
Reactions: john4surf

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
This is by far the worst air quality I've ever encountered. At least it's not mid july and hot as sh!t

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
DAM! That's like All of Hawaii when the SMOG from the Volcano goes off on the Big Island and the tradewind flow distributes the volcano smoke around the Island chain. ( and you fella's back East can't see nor hear Subway luckily ~ :nana: )
hopefully subway is getting some cleansing onshores out in longbeach…

i know the california guys are a lot more used to fire particulates in the air - but this is pretty weird for the city…

erupting volcanoes - whole ‘nother deal!

o_O

Reactions: john4surf

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
This is by far the worst air quality I've ever encountered. At least it's not mid july and hot as sh!t
little bit of a breeze actually…

am inside and my clothes smell (more than usual…)

worst stink i ever went through was after 9/11…
toasted concrete, electrical wiring, & dead bodies…
+ maybe a hint of petroleum distillates…. lived pretty close-by, lasted a long time too…

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
was smokey and dim, people were acting a bit crazier then usual..my subway station had more smoke in it than the outside, was disconcerting. We need the summer onshore flow to kick up and blow all this stuff back to jerz, PA and upstate....

RayG

Nep status
Dec 3, 2002
Astoria, NY USA
You might think it might smell a bit pleasant. Like a nice campfire in the woods on a nice Autumn Evening... But this is NYC, so you get the garbage, Vape smoke, Marijuana, and the unmistakable aroma of the homeless on the Subway all rolled in with it.

On the Bright side, it isn't 90* with 90% humidity in August during a garbage strike...

smoken.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: PRCD