Can you make rent?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Why are 24 million people renting?
There are plenty of markets where owning a home not only doesn't make sense, but is virtually impossible unless you make high 6/low 7 figures. Even outside of those areas, a lot of people would have a hard time scrounging up the minimum for a down payment.

I know, bootstraps, personal responsibility, yada yada so I'm not excusing anyone. Realistically, life is complicated and many people don't have the discipline. It is what it is.

Reactions: Ifallalot

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
I just learned that eviction proceedings in many states stay with you forever, even if you aren't actually evicted! That's fucked. I'll make rent, yes.
i was just reading something about this, and it was saying an eviction can lead to homelessness because the eviction stays on the record, so it’s tough to get a new rental.

didn’t jello biafra write a cool song about this?

• Wow
Reactions: $kully

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
i was just reading something about this, and it was saying an eviction can lead to homelessness because the eviction stays on the record, so it’s tough to get a new rental.

didn’t jello biafra write a cool song about this?
The kicker is you don't even have to be evicted. You can *win the proceeding (ie, not actually be evicted) and it still stays on your record* and will be used against you.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
this affect housing prices?

Probably, but I'd be more worried about the mortgages affecting housing prices. It's not like everyone who isn't a renter owns their home outright, they're just renting it from the bank for the time being. You can have quite a bit of your house paid off, lose your income, get foreclosed on, and be screwed up the pooper. Even if you sell to not get wiped out, a slice of the population is going to have to do the same thing, increasing supply of houses when fewer people have the income to pay the mortgage on one.

Stock Market seems to think I'm full of sh!t. The stock market seems to think money printer just go brrrr; I don't understand how earnings are going to stay flat if that stops unless Fed bond buying de facto money printer go brrrrr.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Probably, but I'd be more worried about the mortgages affecting housing prices. It's not like everyone who isn't a renter owns their home outright, they're just renting it from the bank for the time being. You can have quite a bit of your house paid off, lose your income, get foreclosed on, and be screwed up the pooper. Even if you sell to not get wiped out, a slice of the population is going to have to do the same thing, increasing supply of houses when fewer people have the income to pay the mortgage on one.

Stock Market seems to think I'm full of sh!t. The stock market seems to think money printer just go brrrr; I don't understand how earnings are going to stay flat if that stops unless Fed bond buying de facto money printer go brrrrr.
President Biden thanks you for so vocally supporting mr. tRump during his tax cuts and wild deficit spending. brrrrrrrrrr

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
President Biden thanks you for so vocally supporting mr. tRump during his tax cuts and wild deficit spending. brrrrrrrrrr
VOTE TRUMP BULL-PREPPING CUCK!

I TOTALLY DON'T ADVOCATE FOR RAISING TAXES AND CUTTING SPENDING ON THE THINGS GOD EMPEROR DONALDVS AVGVSTVS TRVMPTAVVIVS WANTS TO PRIORITIZE

BUILD A WALL

ALSO YOUR BOY MITT ROMNEY SAID HE'S BETTING ON TRUMP

Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT), an emphatic critic of President Trump, also predicted this week that Trump will win come November for a number of reasons.

“There are enormous advantages to being the incumbent, number one,” Romney told HuffPost on Thursday. “Number two, I think [Trump] will tack more towards the middle in his communication than he has so far.”

“And number three, I think the voters that are most animated in opposition to the president tend not to come out to vote ― and that’s young people and the minorities. They’re active in polls, but not necessarily active at actually getting out to the polls,” he added.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
VOTE TRUMP BULL-PREPPING CUCK!

I TOTALLY DON'T ADVOCATE FOR RAISING TAXES AND CUTTING SPENDING ON THE THINGS GOD EMPEROR DONALDVS AVGVSTVS TRVMPTAVVIVS WANTS TO PRIORITIZE

BUILD A WALL

ALSO YOUR BOY MITT ROMNEY SAID HE'S BETTING ON TRUMP

I specifically said u supported mr. tRump during his tax cuts and deficit spending, and didn't say you supported the cuts and spending themselves, because I knew you would take the easy dodge.

But you supporting mr. tRump is exactly the same as giving a toddler a loaded weapon, and saying, I didn't support him shooting grandma

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot