Can we talk about Sturgis?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
But no worries, we will send Hal in to to clean the town out. He can put up some really mean memes directed at that crowd he keeps saying doesn't intimidate him. Me thinks he dust protest too much, but whatever. The Hells Angels have a clubhouse in Sturgis. A couple of years ago they had a fight that progressed to a shootout with the Mongols in front of the clubhouse during this event. Go get them Hal!!

I wonder which political party they align with.

I used to know a guy who's now an Angel. Good dude to be down with, bad dude to be not down with. Used to skate with him a bit and go to shows with him. @$kully knows who I'm talking about.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Bikers in masks...where's the freedumb? A lot depends on the rules and regulations in place in those home states. There seems to be no rules in FL except in certain localities. TX and CA are under executive order to observe a bunch of protocols. Still, the TV news daily identifies states where numbers are already large or getting larger. It shouldn't be that difficult to see if Sturgis will make a dent nationwide.
Sturgis won't make a dent nationwide because South Dakota isn't jack sh!t.

I just looked. Population, Jacksonville.

It's an irrelevant box and if we sold it to Canada, nobody would even notice it was gone.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I'm a tough audience.
why are you waltzing around intent of both groups? Even if all your biased framing is true :rolleyes: how do you equate people going to a big party with the sole intent to just have fun and those going to promote social and political change?
Unless you feel social change is trivial, maybe:rolleyes:
Because intent doesn't matter when it comes to spreading the virus. The virus could care less as to what your intentions are. High risk behavior is high risk behavior. SCIENCE!! A lot of Christians feel like their intent is also righteous enough for them to engage in high risk behavior with indoor services. COVID spread could give a flying fvck regarding anyone's intent.

Reactions: test_article

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I wonder which political party they align with.

I used to know a guy who's now an Angel. Good dude to be down with, bad dude to be not down with. Used to skate with him a bit and go to shows with him. @$kully knows who I'm talking about.
There's someone who used to post here that was HA. I grew up with a number guys that are still there. Had a beef with one of the younger ones that is now an HA. He surfs. No more steel toe boots. Red Converse. Some things do change.

I think most of them belong to the Felonious party?

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
There's someone who used to post here that was HA. I grew up with a number guys that are still there. Had a beef with one of the younger ones that is now an HA. He surfs. No more steel toe boots. Red Converse. Some things do change.

I think most of them belong to the Felonious party?

One of my main survival instincts has always told me "when you see cuts start to show up, time to leave".

But that one dude I knew, and his friends did come down from the city one summer to chase all the white power skins off the boardwalk, so we were always eternally grateful to them for that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Because intent doesn't matter when it comes to spreading the virus. The virus could care less as to what your intentions are. High risk behavior is high risk behavior. SCIENCE!! A lot of Christians feel like their intent is also righteous enough for them to engage in high risk behavior with indoor services. COVID spread could give a flying fvck regarding anyone's intent.
Covidiots are covidiots and the virus doesn't care. Woke AF seems to care about intent, but gold star protests don't have to preclude virus protocols any more than they have to preclude non-violence. I guess Woke AF outed himself on both counts.

Reactions: GWS_2

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The city doesn't. They canceled all official activities. Most residents don't either. Bar owners do
Bar owners aren't residents?

The residents are fools to push off the only thing that makes them relevant and make any money all year

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Spoken like an old person in Central Florida trying to make a right onto a road with another old person on a Harley Road Glide, Honda Goldwing, or one of those big BMW touring bikes trying to have a peaceful buzz down the byway oncoming.

Not sure why the coastal liberals care about Sturgis, South Dakota. Great place for exactly this.
I already said that Sturgis can keep them.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Covidiots are covidiots and the virus doesn't care. Woke AF seems to care about intent, but gold star protests don't have to preclude virus protocols any more than they have to preclude non-violence. I guess Woke AF outed himself on both counts.
And I believe he is staring down the barrel at going back to a classroom with a bunch of super spreaders. Not to worry though. His intentions are good!

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
...and when it comes to intentions, the time for violence could be nigh.
I wonder, would sitting on someone's chest as you stabbed them to death while neither of you wore masks be high risk behavior for the survivor? Somebody get me a scientist on the phone!! ;)

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I wonder, would sitting on someone's chest as you stabbed them to death while neither of you wore masks be high risk behavior for the survivor? Somebody get me a scientist on the phone!! ;)
I don't imagine things like that. Nope, I've never once fantasized about sitting on someone's chest and stabbing them.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I don't imagine things like that. Nope, I've never once fantasized about sitting on someone's chest and stabbing them.
Hey man. You don't get into Pelican Bay without having a little bit of a dark side. :dancing:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Yes the virus doesn’t care.

But intent is important to humans.
Frivolous intent vs. something intended for the greater good. You equated the two.

Obviously there are no easy choices but there are scaled value choices. Maybe that is one aspect of our society’s complete failure on addressing this pandemic. Some people value partying just as much as other people value trying to stop the police from killing people.