Can we talk about Freedom of Religion

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fun fact - schools in the US used the Bible as their main reading material in the early days on public schools. But eventually, the Catholics didn't quite agree with the Protestants who didn't quite agree with the Baptists etc., so the Churches urged the schools to move away from teaching the bible so they could handle all of the religious education their way. That's the real reason God isn't in the classroom anymore.

I don't think Christians understand that even with just Christianity, there's no way the country settles on one single belief. They'll just end up warring amongst themselves after they get what they think they want.
Whatever you said was supposed to happen in August didn't happen in August. Or only Pillow Guy thinks it happened.

The erBB demands a refund.

Alternately, you could continue to name names in the next episode of As The OC Turns, cross-posted here from Beach Grit.

Aren't you a lawyer? Should at least drop a couple nuggets in the Rittenhouse thread.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Fun fact - schools in the US used the Bible as their main reading material in the early days on public schools. But eventually, the Catholics didn't quite agree with the Protestants who didn't quite agree with the Baptists etc., so the Churches urged the schools to move away from teaching the bible so they could handle all of the religious education their way. That's the real reason God isn't in the classroom anymore.

I don't think Christians understand that even with just Christianity, there's no way the country settles on one single belief. They'll just end up warring amongst themselves after they get what they think they want.
Wow

He's 100% correct about all of this

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Whatever you said was supposed to happen in August didn't happen in August. Or only Pillow Guy thinks it happened.

The erBB demands a refund.

Alternately, you could continue to name names in the next episode of As The OC Turns, cross-posted here from Beach Grit.

Aren't you a lawyer? Should at least drop a couple nuggets in the Rittenhouse thread.
I'm indifferent on Rittenhouse. All of them deserve what they got/are getting. That said, the judge is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Reactions: bird.LA and mundus