Can we talk about Freedom of Religion

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
One man's seethe is another man's troll.

I think we will have a religious war but it will be low level and sporadic isolated events. Lots of car bombs IRA style. We won't hardly notice.

Then these dumb people will say "This sucks."

And get back to consumerism.

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
They're stupid. Laws that infringe upon anybodies freedom of/from religion, no matter how much you believe in their application, can easily be turned around and pointed at you down the road. Kind of like the first amendment. Even if you think you agree with free speech restrictions that you have heard proposed, once you open the door to such, somewhere down the road you may get some restrictions pointed back at you that you don't like.

There are Christian churches that have freedom of/from religion written into the basic tenants of the church. They get it. And I know there are those in here that like to lump all Christians into the same group, (as they decry those who lump all Muslims into the same group) But that massive generalization (like every other massive generalization) is not accurate. Not that anybody in this place cares too much about accuracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’d love to know what Mike Flynn thinks should happen to all the non-Christian Americans if this nation becomes a theocracy.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
that freedom of religion argument somehow didn't work for all those haole rastafarians on the big island who claimed it gave them the right to worship the pakalolo god.
Some people claim running around naked is freedom of their religion
that don't seem to work either
seems like it's only the proletariat that has the right to determine what is religion and what isn't
kind of like allowing hillsong but not bob marley's religion be recognized.
unless you accept them all, it'sall bullst manifestations of man on his environment