Can someone explain the “Jesus died for our sins”

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Everything is a metaphor for everything.
So nothing means anything.

Excellent!

The prelim bouts are up now, so I shall leave this exploration of the nonsensical to the peanut gallery.

Death row resident with an extensive history of violent offenses who has made numerous threats of violence against various forum members OUT!

Last edited:
Reactions: PRCD

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I just drove past the church we brought our kids to every for many years until the oldest was confirmed and we never went back

but after partition this thread today I noticed it as I passed it
And I’ve got some nice family memories of going to church together and then getting bagels

it was time spent together mostly without fighting. That was nice

aside from all the zombie Jesus stuff, I kind of miss that.
My daughter had her kids christened, but that’s it. They won’t have that

maybe there’s something else to replace it with. Travel soccer?

Reactions: mundus

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
no one consented to being brought into a complicated reality that is inexplicable at its deepest levels. at the purest causal levels no one is actually responsible for what they do, but for practical reasons humans have to take ownership and responsibility for their actions. even though they're really just a random point on an infinite 3D causal web of determining factors outside any individual control

the idea of forgiveness and taking ownership beyond oneself is a way of dealing with the above unresolvable contradiction

it is irrelevant whether past figures existed or not, or what physical symbols (words, sounds, images) we use to describe the idea of them. the past is gone. if the causal waves propagated by the idea of their existence and values continue to touch a nerve with enough people they persist

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Take off your big girl panties, gird up your loins and either make an argument or don't. This gas lighting claim sh!t just makes the claimer look pathetically weak. I get it if you're a 19 year old girl in an abusive relationship. But for a bunch of middle aged/older men arguing about politics on a surfer magazine forum? Fvcking please. You're just not that fragile. And if I'm wrong with that, you seriously need to get the fvvk off the internet, take a Xanax, get out your favorite blankee and cry yourself to sleep. This is not a good place for you.

And "baiting with mischaracterization." :roflmao:

That's most of what this place is about. If you took that out of the erBB politics forum there would be precious little left. Most of the time when someone makes that accusation they're doing the very same thing within a paragraph. Throwing down psychobabble (<-- for Auto. He loves that term ;)) hanging a label and running makes you look weak and stupid.

You gaslighting, label hanging turds who bait with mischaracterization are lame.

Gotta go. :dancing:
Naming a behavior triggers the sh!t out of people.

But mischaracterizing is the best.

Caca is going into Caca overdrive by a perceived mischarracteraztion of the term "gaslighting."

:dancing:

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and Sharky

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
no one consented to being brought into a complicated reality that is inexplicable at its deepest levels. at the purest causal levels no one is actually responsible for what they do, but for practical reasons humans have to take ownership and responsibility for their actions. even though they're really just a random point on an infinite 3D causal web of determining factors outside any individual control

the idea of forgiveness and taking ownership beyond oneself is a way of dealing with the above unresolvable contradiction

it is irrelevant whether past figures existed or not, or what physical symbols (words, sounds, images) we use to describe the idea of them. the past is gone. if the causal waves propagated by the idea of their existence and values continue to touch a nerve with enough people they persist
Okay, take it easy, Sam Harris.:dancing:

it is called Salvation we are called to follow and accept an invitation to a feast, either you do believe or you may not believe... if you don't believe we can pick up on this later... get in get saved remove all questions within your heart already Jesus saves Facts the Bible is thee #1 alltime selling book in all translations this is not a deal with God do not be untold. #followme

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
it is called Salvation we are called to follow and accept an invitation to a feast, either you do believe or you may not believe... if you don't believe we can pick up on this later... get in get saved remove all questions within your heart already Jesus saves Facts the Bible is thee #1 alltime selling book in all translations this is not a deal with God do not be untold. #followme
You are making your team look bad when you write stuff like this.