Can i start a vegetable and herb garden thread?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I should check it my my friend in Oakland who is trying to grow some in his backyard (formerly concrete, last I saw in late spring, mostly broken up concrete). Am curious if he tried to disguise the plant(s) from the apartment complex next door that looks over the fence, right into his yard (told him to get a cherry tomato and tall trellis for it to climb).

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Holy sh!t @SteveT jjust noticed you have caterpillars. Kill those fuckers now if you haven’t already harvested
Funny you noticed too, a friend of mine I sent the pic to pointed it out.
I totally missed it.
I ended up finding 4, couldn't find any more, fortunately they did minimal damage.

Edit: Just plucked her this AM, don't want any more wormy surprises:(

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Funny you noticed too, a friend of mine I sent the pic to pointed it out.
I totally missed it.
I ended up finding 4, couldn't find any more, fortunately they did minimal damage.

Edit: Just plucked her this AM, don't want any more wormy surprises:(
Glad they didnt get you badly! The butterflies will lay eggs on your giant top buds . Caterfuckers bore into the big bugs and you dont notice until the insides look like sh!t brown from the rot.

If you have smaller plants with not as thick developed buds the damage tends to be less and easier to mitigate

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
They look young.
There seems to be a lot of "lore" to this cannabis growing/harvesting stuff.

What makes it look "young", which I guess you mean to say "Picked too early."

The rust red-orange stamens remind me of saffron. I guess these are different colors depending on the strain AND depending on the ripeness.

Would look all this up, but I like my boring ads.
1632249289199.png

PS
Glad they didnt get you badly! The butterflies will lay eggs on your giant top buds
Is there a particular butterfly that targets cannabis? Or just any old butterfly? I'm chuckling thinking that endangered Mission Blue Butterflies are chomping on cannabis plants.1632249489708.png