Can i start a vegetable and herb garden thread?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
There seems to be a lot of "lore" to this cannabis growing/harvesting stuff.

What makes it look "young", which I guess you mean to say "Picked too early."

The rust red-orange stamens remind me of saffron. I guess these are different colors depending on the strain AND depending on the ripeness.

Would look all this up, but I like my boring ads.
View attachment 116599

PS

Is there a particular butterfly that targets cannabis? Or just any old butterfly? I'm chuckling thinking that endangered Mission Blue Butterflies are chomping on cannabis plants.View attachment 116600
Wispy and not all the way developed. voids between leaves and buds, not carpeted with crystals (trichomes)

The top bud was from a plant had a thrip infestation almost kill it so it was never going to fully develop.
The bottom is from on that could have gone longer but caterpillars were on the attack.

Almost all butterflies are deadly to plants. Its their larvae that do that damage.Pieris rapae got me , white butterflies and cabbage worms!!

Reactions: Mr Doof

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Wispy and not all the way developed. voids between leaves and buds, not carpeted with crystals (trichomes)

The top bud was from a plant had a thrip infestation almost kill it so it was never going to fully develop.
The bottom is from on that could have gone longer but caterpillars were on the attack.

Almost all butterflies are deadly to plants. Its their larvae that do that damage.Pieris rapae got me , white butterflies and cabbage worms!!
Would neem oil reduce or eliminate the damage and not harm the buds :shrug:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Would neem oil reduce or eliminate the damage and not harm the buds :shrug:
I wont spray anything once its budding. Its my personal preference. Probably a few bio weapon methods I could have used. The problem is you dont know how bad the budrot is from the damage done. Letting it go can end up in a lost crop even once the infestation is handled.

Next season I have big plans to mitigate these issues.
Its always something new every time.

Always learning new tricks and adapting and thats part of the fun.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I wont spray anything once its budding. Its my personal preference. Probably a few bio weapon methods I could have used. The problem is you dont know how bad the budrot is from the damage done. Letting it go can end up in a lost crop even once the infestation is handled.

Next season I have big plans to mitigate these issues.
Its always something new every time.

Always learning new tricks and adapting and thats part of the fun.
It happen last batch I grew for my son I got mildew bud and it wreked most of the buds:bricks: I would try soapy water first lights misted on plant then no go try neem or maybe Insecticidal soap.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
It happen last batch I grew for my son I got mildew bud and it wreked most of the buds:bricks: I would try soapy water first lights misted on plant then no go try neem or maybe Insecticidal soap.
I should have put nets over the plants in beginning of september and sprayed plants with spinosad before things got bad

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
PS

Is there a particular butterfly that targets cannabis? Or just any old butterfly? I'm chuckling thinking that endangered Mission Blue Butterflies are chomping on cannabis plants.View attachment 116600
I have seen at least 4 different species of caterpillars. Some green, some brown, rings or length stripes. Monterey BT saved my crop. Absolute disasters last three years.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Doof

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Is this when the branch just flat out wimps and dies? Thrips are maybe worse than the caterpillars. You can't see them.

The fuzzy stem mold is another winner. I probably just jinxed myself...

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
chili oil garlic and soap all work great :cheers:

Kind of bummed I let caterpillars get me thisyear. Happened to all my friend at one point or another though.
I already have about
Is this when the branch just flat out wimps and dies? Thrips are maybe worse than the caterpillars. You can't see them.

The fuzzy stem mold is another winner. I probably just jinxed myself...
Yeah the plant was done even after I got rid of the thrips. Isnt growing fun ahhaha

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
So fun, I regularly gift people plants, normally cuttings, but sometimes entire olants from seed starts.

Every single time, the comments are the same ilk: "I thought this was easy!"

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::shameonyou::loser::foreheadslap:

Always respond the same too: "nothing worthwhile in life ever is, innit?"