Can i start a vegetable and herb garden thread?

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
At the risk of stepping on Sharkbiscuits opus and piling on Afoaf's tomato failure, I have to get this out of my head

It's the end of Afoaf's moldy 'matos
(Time to amend with some lime!)
(Time to amend with some lime!)
Afoaf got to make your soil more alkaline

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
hummingbirds returned this week and are already fighting over the two feeders.
Decided to keep 1 reaper chili plant (survived 2 winters, will bonsai it), 1 serrano chili that's in training to be a bonsai (3 winters and produces like crazy). Delicate plants don't do well here unless I use a sheet or some kind of wind breaker (fts). Planted a barrel of mint a while back.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Damn! Nice tomatoes! Ours are about the only thing not happy right now. Maybe too foggy?
Yep FOG. Had many gardens in Carp and the best ones all got taken out by fog. I’m a bit S and in now and plenty sun and water makes good gardens!

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Yep FOG. Had many gardens in Carp and the best ones all got taken out by fog. I’m a bit S and in now and plenty sun and water makes good gardens!
I was telling the wife that a lot of people grow them in green houses.

But other stuff like kale, zucchini, and cucumbers grow like weeds. Our property used to be an orchard, so the soil is really depleated. Tons of amnendments and mulch is slowly bringing it back. The wife was so excited when she saw her first worm.

Reactions: JBerry