Cable News

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
GWS said:
If you cannot spot radical differences between MSNBC and say even CNN... no.
I can spot radical differences between MSNBC in 2016 vs. years past, and I am pretty sure after this election cycle there will be some more radical differences.

I think Andrea Mitchell Reports is pretty good by MSNBC standards but its on at noon. My guess is NBC higher ups are going to shift away from all-liberal all the time primetime programming.

I can't see Morning Joe (featuring a neocon hawk's daughter and a Panhandle Republican), Maddow, or BlowHardball going anywhere, and I *think Lawrence O'Donnell might stay on.

Other than that, it's clear they wanted to can Chris Hayes for having the lowest rated show ever, but as they were on the way to the bin with him in hand, he won the only emmy in all of Cable News, which says something profound about marketable vs. journalist content.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
GWS said:
GromsDad said:
GWS said:
GromsDad said:
GWS said:
Fox provides little in the way of actual news coverage. .MSNBC pretty much provides none. Both of them are primarily providing news editorial/commentary skewed to their target sheep. I mean demographic. It's what sells. Tell the sheeple what they want to hear and they will tune in tomorrow night to hear their opinions comfortingly regurgitated for them.

The dumbest of the dumb are the people going to Ed's News Blog and Conspiracy website and feeling oh so smart because they are using an :hah: "alternative news" source.
CNN, PBS, NBC, ABC and CBS are all not much different than MSNBC. Some of them just tone the bias down a little more than the others.
I would say you're not very observant.
I would say more observant.
If you cannot spot radical differences between MSNBC and say even CNN... no.
The only difference I see is in the manner of presentation. The bias and ideology stands out like a sore thumb though. CNN is just less in your face and a little more polite with their bias.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
GWS said:
Fox provides little in the way of actual news coverage. .MSNBC pretty much provides none. Both of them are primarily providing news editorial/commentary skewed to their target sheep. I mean demographic. It's what sells. Tell the sheeple what they want to hear and they will tune in tomorrow night to hear their opinions comfortingly regurgitated for them.

The dumbest of the dumb are the people going to Ed's News Blog and Conspiracy website and feeling oh so smart because they are using an :hah: "alternative news" source.
Dude whats with all the Fecal bashing? Wait...that sounds weird