CA storm this weekend

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
No, it’s just a mixture of CYA bullshit, complete incompetence, paranoia and deep seeded need of those in power to look like they’re doing “something.”

Our local Sheriff is half a chromosome short of full blown retard. I be surprised of his IQ breaks 90. No joke.

He’s in charge right now.
Ever since over 20 people died in the Montecito mudslides the public safety people have been super extra cautious.

Reactions: Chocki

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Ever since over 20 people died in the Montecito mudslides the public safety people have been super extra cautious.
And those people died because they - the idiots “in charge” based their evacuation orders on maps made for fires.

Additionally the area that got hit by those debris flows had just spent WEEKS evacuated because of the Thomas Fire and had had enough. They - the idiots “in charge” kept them from going home for at least two weeks beyond the point of any threat from the fire. It was absurd.

Now they evacuate based on proximity to creeks and watersheds. This is good in theory but again, they - the idiots “in charge” have already overplayed their hand by evacuating these areas over and over again almost every time it’s forecast for rain.

And over and over again nothing bad happens.

Some dayit will really really really rain like a mother fucker (not likely this time from the models I’m looking at) and the people who actually should evacuate will ignore the order.

Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

Reactions: keenfish

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
And those people died because they - the idiots “in charge” based their evacuation orders on maps made for fires.

Additionally the area that got hit by those debris flows had just spent WEEKS evacuated because of the Thomas Fire and had had enough. They - the idiots “in charge” kept them from going home for at least two weeks beyond the point of any threat from the fire. It was absurd.

Now they evacuate based on proximity to creeks and watersheds. This is good in theory but again, they - the idiots “in charge” have already overplayed their hand by evacuating these areas over and over again almost every time it’s forecast for rain.

And over and over again nothing bad happens.

Some dayit will really really really rain like a mother fucker (not likely this time from the models I’m looking at) and the people who actually should evacuate will ignore the order.

Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!
10pm PST update for GFS model coming up shortlly here! Will be telling.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It’s also flooded and slid before.
If you’re referring to Montecito debris flow that occurred under the extremely unusual circumstances of front country mountain area freshly burned by fire, all vegetation gone, ground covered in feet of ash and charcoal that then got rained on at a rate nearing 10 inches in an hour. Neither of those circumstances are or will be present this week.

Not to mention that somebody opened up a valve letting go of around a million gallons of stored water in the Montecito water district…oops.

It will flood and slide again.
Yeah. But not this week.

You‘re opposed to letting people know “again” might be next week?
They aren’t “letting people know”. They are forcing evacuations and scaring the sh!t out of people unnecessarily. What’s in the forecast is no different that any one of a few big storms we had last year and they - the idiots ”in charge” - freaked out then too.

I’ve seen this show before. Over and over.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If you’re referring to Montecito debris flow that occurred under the extremely unusual circumstances of front country mountain area freshly burned by fire, all vegetation gone, ground covered in feet of ash and charcoal that then got rained on at a rate nearing 10 inches in an hour. Neither of those circumstances are or will be present this week.

Not to mention that somebody opened up a valve letting go of around a million gallons of stored water in the Montecito water district…oops.

Yeah. But not this week.

They aren’t “letting people know”. They are forcing evacuations and scaring the sh!t out of people unnecessarily. What’s in the forecast is no different that any one of a few big storms we had last year and they - the idiots ”in charge” - freaked out then too.

I wouldn't want to be living in La Conchita rn.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Yeah. But not this week.

Do you suck dick?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Fireman must hate it when they have to direct traffic because it seems like they're not even trying.

Your Sheriff probably just wants to search people and not have to search for people, but if that's what needs to be done, I bet he will tell his officers to do it.

Stay out of the water.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I wouldn't want to be living in La Conchita.
Fixed.

The la Conchita thing was exacerbated by the agricultural operation directly above them over irrigating.

Some even say that the irrigation was THE cause….