CA storm this weekend

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
There’s definitely going to be some widespread wind damage.
Yah for that area, that is nasty. Most houses are on hillsides next to creeks or above creeks. Gonna be a bit of a mess to clean up. Sure as sh!t wouldn't want to be driving highway 1 when the storm hits.

Not many cams in Big Sur

Nepthene

Post Ranch Inn

Best bet to check Carmel and Monterey cams.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I wouldn't want to be living in La Conchita rn.
Change: I wouldn't want to live in La Conchita.

RN is just worse than most other times. And then a few weeks from RN will also be scary AF when you think about ground and water saturation and sliding issues. And then a few weeks after that, those same concerns/fears/anxieties will be with you. NO THANKS

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Stormy here.

Solid onshore winds and rain coming down. But not as whitecapped as I would think. But still early in the day. Waves almost look doable at one spot. But that water color though ... :sick:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Stormy here.

Solid onshore winds and rain coming down. But not as whitecapped as I would think. But still early in the day. Waves almost look doable at one spot. But that water color though ... :sick:
Are rural areas just as bad for water quality after a rain?

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Stormy here.

onshore?

IMG_4365.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: PRCD

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Are rural areas just as bad for water quality after a rain?
Yes. We have a lot of little creeks that end up flowing into the sea, along with a few major ones (Santa Rosa, San Simeon, Pico, Arroyo De Laguna, and San Carpoforo Creek). All five of those bring a lot of cow poop, logs, branches, and some dead animals right into the sea. Then the currents float everything to other beaches/coves. But as far as bacteria and toxic runoff, it would be really interesting to test the water and compare with down south numbers.

Not sure which buoy that is, but 100% assure you it is not offshore right now. :roflmao:

Reactions: mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not sure which buoy that is, but 100% assure you it is not offshore right now. :roflmao:
Check the rock cam. Definitely some spray and waves holding up better than you'd expect. Other cams look messy, so maybe it's a local weather pattern :unsure: