Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
it sucked out there today and yesterday, still packed
yet hospitals and casas looked better, with almost no surfers out

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
nea
When I lived there there were a few legit tuffies, but mostly blowhards with big mouths and small juevos. But this was pre-Bird Rock Bandit days, before sh!t got real.

beautiful place to live - decent surf on a funboard -

was fortunate to move there after college and live about 50 yars from sand for 20'years - also very fortunate to not have grown up there - windansea locals:foreheadslap:
940E3125-EAF6-42E6-BA30-CFCD8A7FB1FB.jpeg

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
4:18 was my longest (out of water). Did 3:26 in a pool actually underwater. Had a lifeguard jump in on my first try after 2 minutes because he thought I passed out and didn't realize what I was doing. Never a good idea to do it alone but I had my lady friend watching from a chair for some safety. Haven't done it in a few years though. Started again a few weeks ago. Up to 2:52 so far. (I'm not actually an Apnea trainer...have just delved into a few times in the passed. I find it quite therapeutic-minus the almost drowning part.)
I could do 3.

I used lie on the bottom of my parents pool with a weight on my chest and hold for time.

No one watching

#Iamdumb

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
Yeah, you Ventura pussies have been crying to the cops since the 70s.

We don’t play that sh!t up here. :shameonyou:

Come to Ledbetter sure, but watch your step!
:D :D A buddy from Ventura just left this morn after a weeklong surf venture down here…of course there was the usual babble about how “rough & tough” Ventura was in the 80’s and the number of “mixups” he got into @ C-Street, all the while I’m thinking “you’re a middle-aged millionaire with homes in two great surf zones who’s first inclination would be to call the police if trouble occurred”

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
it sucked out there today and yesterday, still packed
yet hospitals and casas looked better, with almost no surfers out
La Jolla reefs are weird that way. Whenever I’m down there I seem to find an un crowded spot and can never figure out why.

And it’s never the same spot.

Reactions: sdsrfr and npsp

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
La Jolla reefs are weird that way. Whenever I’m down there I seem to find an un crowded spot and can never figure out why.

And it’s never the same spot.
Is Casas being surfed on the regular now? Used to just be a handful of guys that would get it until the red boat ran them out. Tubes and consequences for sure.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
:D :D A buddy from Ventura just left this morn after a weeklong surf venture down here…of course there was the usual babble about how “rough & tough” Ventura was in the 80’s and the number of “mixups” he got into @ C-Street, all the while I’m thinking “you’re a middle-aged millionaire with homes in two great surf zones who’s first inclination would be to call the police if trouble occurred”
C-Street today is pretty much ‘soft foam & gray hair’.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Is Casas being surfed on the regular now? Used to just be a handful of guys that would get it until the red boat ran them out. Tubes and consequences for sure.
I’m not a local down there so I have no idea. Honestly, most of the time I surf down there I don’t even really know the name of the spot I’m at unless it’s Horse Poo or that other spot.

Reactions: npsp

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
ive always thought of casas as great white central

got spooked by seals at the beginning of 2 (crap) sessions alone that same day