Boston, MA - Nahant Beach (wetsuit suggestions)

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I "tried" to surf Nahant and drove around to Lynn Beach and Red Rock. I heard Eisman's Beach might have had something but it didnt. I didnt think to check Winthrop, although i doubt there would have been anything.

I wore 5mm booties and had a 5/4/3 hooded Manera and i felt good. The mits I bought sucked so i didnt wear them and my hands got red after about 2 minutes in the water. 43 degree water tempt is no joke!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I "tried" to surf Nahant and drove around to Lynn Beach and Red Rock. I heard Eisman's Beach might have had something but it didnt. I didnt think to check Winthrop, although i doubt there would have been anything.

I wore 5mm booties and had a 5/4/3 hooded Manera and i felt good. The mits I bought sucked so i didnt wear them and my hands got red after about 2 minutes in the water. 43 degree water tempt is no joke!
sh!t gets real when the gloves come out.

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
You just needed to drive north about an hour, mostly beach breaks, but there are two points: a left (much more consistent) and a right.

Sometimes the hardest part is finding a parking spot, not because of other cars, but the snow plowed up to your knees in the parking spots and then treacherous walk over the snow and ice down to the water....

yeah it's effort no doubt, but a strangely enjoyable..."Live Freeze and Die" should be the motto

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011

Damn, you got in the water at that temp without gloves and no real waves? props