Boosters for everyone (for ever and ever)…Mask up, bitches!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
oh, the pearl clutching.

had my annual physical last week and my doc noticed it had been over 10 years since i had a tetanus shot, so he offered me a tetanus booster. it was an agonizing decision - do i need to do my own research first? check with my FB group? google adverse tetanus booster reactions? find some alternative source to give me reason to doubt my doc? feed my fear of whatever feeds the fear of people like you? why, they'll probably tell me i need a tetanus booster every ten years for the rest of my life and then what?

i agonized over it - for about .000000135 seconds - then i rolled up my sleeve and took the shot. :rolleyes:
Annual physical?

Why?

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
An annual physical or annual physical exam is basically a yearly visit to your doctor to make sure that your overall health is okay and you don't have any medical problems that you are unaware of.
Is this like skin cancer or do you go to the dermatologist for that?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
What the f--k is an annual physical?
Ironically, working for the state, I am NOT required to have annual physicals.

Nothing like private sector fascism and hand-wringing insurance companies to take away individual rights.

You really start thinking about it, a lot of the overreach you see into people's rights are not from the government but from corporate America.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Basically everyone i know that got it

It's weird too, it's inversely proportional to how healthy they are. The old and sickly took the shot with no problems, while younger healthier people were laid up, some for days
Odd.

We're all pretty healthy and no serious after-effects.

Maybe those people you think are healthy actually aren't. :shrug:

When was their last annual physical? :computer:

• Haha

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ironically, working for the state, I am NOT required to have annual physicals.

Nothing like private sector fascism and hand-wringing insurance companies to take away individual rights.

You really start thinking about it, a lot of the overreach you see into people's rights are not from the government but from corporate America.
I think I had the wrong idea in mind and if it said annual checkup I wouldn't have potato'd.

I probably need one of those. My guess is, I have some herniation about the stomach and possibly some disks, some non-instantly-fatal skin things, and a bunch of other sh!t. They'll tell me to eat better, exercise more, and take a bunch of shitty pills which belong in the garbage.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Osterholm made a great point about not knowing what the future holds as far as the virus due to its novel nature.

I envy the certainty of the experts here.

That must really help you self regulate.

Except you all seem to be in miserable state given the perceived victimization by the State.

I blame the virus.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think I had the wrong idea in mind and if it said annual checkup I wouldn't have potato'd.

I probably need one of those. My guess is, I have some herniation about the stomach and possibly some disks, some non-instantly-fatal skin things, and a bunch of other sh!t. They'll tell me to eat better, exercise more, and take a bunch of shitty pills which belong in the garbage.
No, this is beyond an annual checkup.

Talking about 45 minutes on paperwork and spending 3-4 hours getting poked and prodded: EKGs, pulmonary function test (I would destroy those, 130%+ of standard lung capacity), drug and alcohol screen, blood tests, etc. Wasn't old enough to require the rectal exam but the doc would grab your sack and make you cough. They said that was a hernia check... :unsure:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I heard a rumor about a Fletch remake without Chevy Chase

That's heresy
That would probably be even worse than the Ghostbusters remake.

I mean, there are some good remakes (Scarface, Brewster's Millions, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) but those are the exceptions that prove the rule of not fucking with something that isn't broken.

Damn it now I am irritated. The remake would probably have Fletch as a Celtics fan.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My 6 year old just got his first dose Saturday. So far no blood clots or myocarditis. :jamon:
Why would you “vaccinate” a 6 year old for a virus that is less risky than the vaccine for 6 year olds?

Did you at least test got natural antibodies first?

• Love

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my dad saw his doc about a small hernia

doc ordered imaging

confirmed the hernia, but also happened to find a mass on his left kidney the size of the organ itself

emergency kidneydectomy (or whatever the fk) and confirmed mass was cancerous

I want my blood tested because I worry about my liver and cancers

how the fk are we shaming someone (a man, no less) for being proactive about health care?

what are your morals, you fkn degens?

Reactions: Pico and bird.LA

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
oh, the pearl clutching.

had my annual physical last week and my doc noticed it had been over 10 years since i had a tetanus shot, so he offered me a tetanus booster. it was an agonizing decision - do i need to do my own research first? check with my FB group? google adverse tetanus booster reactions? find some alternative source to give me reason to doubt my doc? feed my fear of whatever feeds the fear of people like you? why, they'll probably tell me i need a tetanus booster every ten years for the rest of my life and then what?

i agonized over it - for about .000000135 seconds - then i rolled up my sleeve and took the shot. :rolleyes:
When are you getting your COVID booster? How long after that will you get another one? And the next one….

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I heard a rumor about a Fletch remake without Chevy Chase

That's heresy
That would be like remaking Coming to America without Eddy Murphy.

Or remaking Trading Places without Dan Aykroyd.

Or remaking Beverly Hills Cop without Judge Reinhold.

Or remaking Ruthless People without Bette Midler.

Or..... Kento?