Bob Saget

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
News item today says he was found with injuries to the head.

The family disclosed the cause of death in a statement to Variety, writing: “In the weeks since Bob’s passing, we have been overwhelmed with the incredible outpouring of love from Bob’s fans, which has been a great comfort to us and for which we are eternally grateful. Now that we have the final conclusions from the authorities’ investigation, we felt it only proper that the fans hear those conclusions directly from us. The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma. They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

So....slip and fall, get up, do stuff, go to bed, die?

• Wow
Reactions: stringcheese

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com

The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma. They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it, and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

The "authorities" determined? Was there a camera in the room? It all sounds pretty shady to me.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
The "authorities" determined? Was there a camera in the room? It all sounds pretty shady to me.
it really does. he hit his head hard enough to - what? cause brain damage? but he thought nothing of it and went to bed? if i was a betting gal, i'd bet this story gets heavily revised before it's all said and done.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
"So....slip and fall, get up, do stuff, go to bed, die?"

Yes, happened to me. It's called a subdural hematoma.

When I was a kid, my friend and I were riding bikes(before helmets were a thing) down a hill, throwing rocks at each other(as we did in the 70's), and I lost control and smacked my head on the curb. Felt fine.

Went out to dinner with my parents a few hours later and started to get two black eyes and feeling nauseous. Parents rushed me to the ER, where a pediatric neurosurgeon happened to be walking by and noticed my symptoms. They rushed me in to surgery, sliced my skull open from ear to ear and relieved the pressure.

Apparently they told my parents I probably would have died within 5-6 hours without the surgery. Good times!

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My cousin was skiing in Zell am See, Austria when he fell and slid head first into a padded lift tower. He was not going very fast and it was just an intermediate run. He was wearing a helmet, but that didn't save him and he died later that night.

You never know when your ticket gets punched.

• Sad
Reactions: afoaf

23rdstMB

Nov 14, 2002
Home

The family disclosed the cause of death in a statement to Variety, writing: “In the weeks since Bob’s passing, we have been overwhelmed with the incredible outpouring of love from Bob’s fans, which has been a great comfort to us and for which we are eternally grateful. Now that we have the final conclusions from the authorities’ investigation, we felt it only proper that the fans hear those conclusions directly from us. The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma. They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

But The Daily Mail reported on Monday that the autopsy report released Thursday “painted a grimmer picture about such injuries, noting that he fractured his skull in multiple places and sustained bleeding across both sides of his brain.”

“Health experts are now asking how thoroughly his death was investigated and what caused [sic] have caused Saget such a ‘significant blow to the head,’ which one doctor said appeared consistent with taking a baseball bat to the skull or falling 20 to 30 feet,” The Mail wrote.

Reactions: Norm'

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
But The Daily Mail reported on Monday that the autopsy report released Thursday “painted a grimmer picture about such injuries, noting that he fractured his skull in multiple places and sustained bleeding across both sides of his brain.”

“Health experts are now asking how thoroughly his death was investigated and what caused [sic] have caused Saget such a ‘significant blow to the head,’ which one doctor said appeared consistent with taking a baseball bat to the skull or falling 20 to 30 feet,” The Mail wrote.
With the latest news on this I'm wondering if his death might have been self inflicted somehow. Almost seems like a cover story that fell apart. Sad either way. Condolences to his family.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I hear his family was suing for privacy

cause of death was blunt head trauma
thats public knowledge
but even for someone famous, the family has the right to share or not share the circumstances

they should be allowed to grieve without all the media or public search for details
this was their loved one and they’re suffering a profound loss

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
I hear his family was suing for privacy

cause of death was blunt head trauma
thats public knowledge
but even for someone famous, the family has the right to share or not share the circumstances

they should be allowed to grieve without all the media or public search for details
this was their loved one and they’re suffering a profound loss
who do you sue for privacy, in this day and age? :shrug:

and yes, i agree with you in principle. but if your loved one is a public figure and intentionally spent his life in the public eye, privacy is not going to be an option. and if the stated cause of death is questionable, it's just fuel for the fire. unfortunately, that's how it's going to play out and no one should expect otherwise.

Reactions: menobrah

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron

Sounds super shady.

Jun 29, 2017
“said appeared consistent with taking a baseball bat to the skull” , I thought he was in Orlando not Seattle.