Bill Maher lays it down on Joe Rogan

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I’m not talking about people getting fired for dropping N-bombs. I’m talking about everyday people who get harassed for voicing opinions that are unpopular, even when they do so in a way that does not demean groups of people.
Okay because in the post I originally replied to, it was lose their job or get harassed, and I way prioritized the income stream over the feels.

Can you give me an example of harassment for voicing an unpopular opinion that does not demean groups of people?

Right now I'm coming up with anti-vaxxers getting harassed and that's it.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Okay because in the post I originally replied to, it was lose their job or get harassed, and I way prioritized the income stream over the feels.

Can you give me an example of harassment for voicing an unpopular opinion that does not demean groups of people?

Right now I'm coming up with anti-vaxxers getting harassed and that's it.
Bret Weinstein/Evergreen.

Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Not surprised this went over your head.

The reason why I don’t rail on Trump et al is because they are acting exactly the way I expect them to. Their idiocy is self evident, and enough people are doing that already.

Where BM hit the mark is exactly why I rail on the regressive left. When they act like idiots and turn nothingburgers like Bret Weinstein/Evergreen and Covington into these huge racist events, it makes all of the left look loony in the eyes of moderates and conservatives. They are basically handing Tucker Carlson material on a platter.
Bull sh!t.

You are not only not criticizing Trump and the far right, you are mocking those who criticize them and defend the actions of the alt-right clown world.

You didn't even know who the racist POS senior advisor to the president of the United States was, but you know every internet SWJ troll.

Uncanny.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
When called out on their craziness, the Left always says that it is only a fringe element that thinks that way on Twitter/Reddit/Tumblr when in fact the same ideas are either already mainstream or will be in the next couple months.

It's good that the far-right ideas are not mainstream. Phew!

1579801479025.png

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
1:35 mark. Bill says “I get madder at the left, because I want them to be better, and they should be better. They’re the science party, and they’re supposed to be the fact people. I expect this sh!t from the right, denying climate change and so forth, they’ve been doing that for a long time.”

There you have it. There is a lesson to be learned. Or keep crying “racism” and “buh Trump” if you want another 4 years of bad orange man.

I agree. Hillary lost to one of the weakest GOP candidates in history and therefore deserved to lose.

I'll follow that up with this, though:

I don't consider Hillary to be the left. She's more center-right if anything. Her and Bill are Paleo-conservatives.

What the left and the democrats (notice I draw a distinction) need to do better at is staying on message, finding a clear, unifying message, and they need to stop cutting each other's throats every chance they get.

Reactions: encladd and mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Good example. I think maybe this guy is just not that likable. He had to bail from Penn because he wrote a letter to the school newspaper complaining about strippers getting sexually harassed at a fraternity party.

What school is more relevant, Penn or Evergreen State?
Is it even relevant which school is more relevant? You asked for an example of someone losing their job and being harassed, for doing nothing wrong other than hurting SJW feefees without actually doing something racist, and I gave you one.

The reason this lunacy exists is because of social media enabling people to silo themselves with like minded people, where they don't have to interact with people who have opposing viewpoints. In that environment, the goalposts for what is offensive and racist is constantly being moved by the most extreme lunatics, to the point where said lunatics write the rules that the rest of society is expected to follow. Or else. That is exactly what BM and JR are talking about.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I agree. Hillary lost to one of the weakest GOP candidates in history and therefore deserved to lose.

I'll follow that up with this, though:

I don't consider Hillary to be the left. She's more center-right if anything. Her and Bill are Paleo-conservatives.

What the left and the democrats (notice I draw a distinction) need to do better at is staying on message, finding a clear, unifying message, and they need to stop cutting each other's throats every chance they get.
Agreed. The left is so wrapped up in orangemanbadism that they are failing to create and portray a unified message for how the country could do better. Let alone find a viable candidate. Get ready for 4 more years, thanks to the left.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Agreed. The left is so wrapped up in orangemanbadism that they are failing to create and portray a unified message for how the country could do better. Let alone find a viable candidate. Get ready for 4 more years, thanks to the left.
The orange man is bad.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
No, it's actually thanks to you.

There's plenty of viable candidates, you're just not their demographic.

Except for Gabby, because BOANER.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bull sh!t.

You are not only not criticizing Trump and the far right BS.
Again with your lies. I've criticized Trump and the alt right on numerous occasions.

you are mocking those who criticize them
Yes, I criticize people who act like emotional morans who turn nothingburgers like Covington into a crisis. I would never criticize them for going after someone who actually did something racist.

and defend the actions of the alt-right clown world.
I only defend the right of the alt-right to make clowns of themselves and whoever else they want, not the people themselves.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
And you follow with a perfect example
Tell me why the Orangeman is not bad, are lying, cheating on wives, shafting lenders and employees, stealing money from charities good things in your sick reality?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
More knowledge bombs dropped. More calling out of fake talking points that are still being parroted despite being proven to be false, like the gender pay gap.

I can see why Rogan and Maher cause so much butthurt- the truth hurts.