Bill Maher lays it down on Joe Rogan

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I listened to Rogan with Matt Taibi tonight, I had a 5 hour drive and needed a good laugh.

Predictably, Rogan spent the first hour bitching about Twitter and Facebook "censorship", leaving Taibi silent for the most of it. Talking about how people like Milo and Alex Jones lost their platform due to censorship and now can't spread their important ideas anymore. lol

Then, towards the end of the second hour, he started talking about how real journalism is dying and how important for democracy is to preserve it.

Without an ounce of irony and awareness of the fact that the reason real journalism is dying is because these platforms give inflammatory dummies like Milo and Shapiro equal time and exposure as they give to legitimate news outlets.

Always a good laugh that lad.

People like GrossFatStupidDad flock to YouTube to listen to right wing influencers while screeching fake news at the actual news outlets.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The far left is almost as bad as the far right. At least insofar as their propensity towards intolerance, ideological aggression, and smug self-righteousness.
But the right is running the show.

Also, same sex bathrooms are less a hazard than trump's wide scale government deregulation of indstrustries that can do harm to environment as by-product of their production.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Rogan is all in for Bernie, get ready for some epic cognitive dissonance from the usual suspects.

• Haha
Reactions: GWS_2

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sure, but the fact that those factors collectively make up a few percentage points, while the main driver (job choice) is largely ignored and unknown to most of the people talking about the issue, is disingenuous.

As for women being more likely to be the stay at home parent, there is a strong biological component to that. Given that men can’t breast feed and all. I would gladly be a stay at home dad and I am currently accepting applications from high earning Silicon Valley sugar mommas (haven’t received any yet).

As for #4, I agree that is changing, which is a good thing. With the right job niche you can certainly negotiate more flexible terms, but I think the mid-to-high 6 figure positions will still be out of reach for most on a less than 40 hour per week schedule.
I think the mid to high 6 figure positions where the woman already has the job, the flexible schedule work after school pickup from home thing will come into play. Wasn't an option for my Mom in greater NYC in the 80s but I think getting started early, or getting back on it for an hour or two after dinner, which shitloads of people in that income range already do, is what is going on.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
He might not have been demeaning, but you have to be an autist not to expect to get fired for that.
For saying something in a group that was designed to be a "safe space" for unpopular opinions?

It's not like this was an unsolicited blast-all email

That being said, I do agree with your autist assessment. Normal people know to never even join a group like that connected work

Reactions: afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Without an ounce of irony and awareness of the fact that the reason real journalism is dying is because these platforms give inflammatory dummies like Milo and Shapiro equal time and exposure as they give to legitimate news outlets.
:ROFLMAO:
Holy attribute substitution error and lack of criticism thinking skills Batman. “Real“ journalism is dying because of the interwebs. It’s been in decline long before JRE and the rise of podcasts. People simply don’t want to pay for information anymore. Nobody wants to wait until 5 pm or the following morning to read news that is already 12+ hours old.

Then you have TV news, which is exponentially more bastardized. The cable news cycle is desperate for anything to fill a 24 hour cycle, yet does so mostly with 2-4 minute segments that barely scratch the surface of an issue. Then when they do have a “discussion”, it’s 4-6 people talking over each other slinging sound bites. It’s garbage.

Now in recent years, we’ve seen news outlets transition into more editorialized and inflammatory content in order to attract eyeballs.

Which is why people have transitioned to podcasts. Long form content without interruptions, aside from Rogan asking if you‘be done DMT and derailing the conversation with other random ADD tangents, where you can go much deeper on an issue. If you had gone to a media outlet 10 years ago and said that you were going to create 3 hour long audio shows, you would’ve been laughed out of the building and put in a 5150 hold.

Yet here we are, with podcasts killing it and the media desperate. Sad! Except not sad, because they dug their own grave. Has nothing to do with Milo and Shapiro- you give those guys a lot of credit and power. Also sad!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Also, same sex bathrooms are less a hazard than trump's wide scale government deregulation of indstrustries that can do harm to environment as by-product of their production.
Agreed, which is why the left needs to do better. The right should change too, but for the foreseeable future they don’t have to because they are holding the more powerful cards.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I think the mid to high 6 figure positions where the woman already has the job, the flexible schedule work after school pickup from home thing will come into play. Wasn't an option for my Mom in greater NYC in the 80s but I think getting started early, or getting back on it for an hour or two after dinner, which shitloads of people in that income range already do, is what is going on.
Sure. It works more so in this day and age, especially if you’re work is computer and communication based. I’ve heard of lawyers that simply bills less hours.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Agreed, which is why the left needs to do better. The right should change too, but for the foreseeable future they don’t have to because they are holding the more powerful cards.
I think you're out of your mind on this one, unless you mean through lunchtime? If Collins and Gardner weren't crapping themselves and trying to equivocate I'd see where you're coming from, but although I can see Trump winning in 2020 easily, from the way the GOP is acting, it looks like they don't expect to have the House for a while, and the 2022 Senate map looks absolutely brutal for the GOP.

I'm thinking we're defining forseeable future differently maybe?

Trump threw money at the economy hand over fist and got his ass completely whooped in 2018. I find the extent to which he paves his path with the dead/delayed careers of promising up-and-coming GOPers hilarious in the tribal sense, but he'll seemingly balk at nothing to throw the margins of Mitch's majority under the bus to win a weekday news cycle rather than have any kind of big-picture strategy.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I think you're out of your mind on this one, unless you mean through lunchtime? If Collins and Gardner weren't crapping themselves and trying to equivocate I'd see where you're coming from, but although I can see Trump winning in 2020 easily, from the way the GOP is acting, it looks like they don't expect to have the House for a while, and the 2022 Senate map looks absolutely brutal for the GOP.

I'm thinking we're defining forseeable future differently maybe?

Trump threw money at the economy hand over fist and got his ass completely whooped in 2018. I find the extent to which he paves his path with the dead/delayed careers of promising up-and-coming GOPers hilarious in the tribal sense, but he'll seemingly balk at nothing to throw the margins of Mitch's majority under the bus to win a weekday news cycle rather than have any kind of big-picture strategy.
You’re fecalizing again. Like I said, the Right should do better too. The only thing holding their short-to-medium term trajectory together is the electoral college and the demographics of those states. That will change, eventually, and they will have to rebrand themselves. I hope you are right about 2022.

What I am getting at is the very real likelihood that Trump will win in 2020. The Right does not need to do better in any sense if they want to win in 2020 because the incumbent almost always has the upper hand. Especially in a strong economy. Even Bush Jr won during a lukewarm economy with a housing bubble holding it up and 2 wars that were supposed to over by then.

If the economy is still doing well, Dems have almost no chance for POTUS. The Left has poured all its energy into peachmints instead of trying to gain back the voters they lost in the rust belt. The Left would rather call them racist for voting for Trump, instead of listening to their reasons for why.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You’re fecalizing again. Like I said, the Right should do better too. The only thing holding their short-to-medium term trajectory together is the electoral college and the demographics of those states. That will change, eventually, and they will have to rebrand themselves. I hope you are right about 2022.

What I am getting at is the very real likelihood that Trump will win in 2020. The Right does not need to do better in any sense if they want to win in 2020 because the incumbent almost always has the upper hand. Especially in a strong economy. Even Bush Jr won during a lukewarm economy with a housing bubble holding it up and 2 wars that were supposed to over by then.

If the economy is still doing well, Dems have almost no chance for POTUS. The Left has poured all its energy into peachmints instead of trying to gain back the voters they lost in the rust belt. The Left would rather call them racist for voting for Trump, instead of listening to their reasons for why.
The Rust Belt isn't doing as well as everyone else economically and the Rust Belt is where the GOP got its ass most kicked in 2018.

Reactions: afoaf

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Ramblings of a NAZI.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias

SJWs, transgenderz and communism are apparently the biggest threats to America right now.

Misguided priorities, faulty reasoning.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The Rust Belt isn't doing as well as everyone else economically and the Rust Belt is where the GOP got its ass most kicked in 2018.
Good (aside from the stagnation part), and hopefully they will realize they were sold snake oil. However there are still moderate income suburban voters who are stocked on their 401k gainz who would like to see that continue.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Holy attribute substitution error and lack of criticism thinking skills Batman. “Real“ journalism is dying because of the interwebs. It’s been in decline long before JRE and the rise of podcasts. People simply don’t want to pay for information anymore. Nobody wants to wait until 5 pm or the following morning to read news that is already 12+ hours old.
That's a big pile of horseshit you've built there.

There's plenty of good journalism on the interwebs, your oldtimey understanding of what journalism is and how it's delivered is backwards as fück.

The problem is that news facts are boring but inflammatory loud mouths who dominate YouTube and social media are exciting to the dummies because they're telling them exactly what they want to hear.

This thread is a perfect example of that as well as every dum YT video GrossDad ever posted.
By his own admittion, that's where he gets his news now because the everything is fake news.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Minions end up under the bus.

That is psychopath 101.

Lots of people didn't take that class.