Biden just said if I buy an electric car I will save $80 a month on fuel costs.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Average EV is around $50k

So in 625 months (52 years) I’ll recoup my outlay.

Why didn’t I think of this?
But if you are going to buy a vehicle *anyway* then your actual cost that you have to make up in gas savings is only the difference between the cost of an EV and the cost of the ICE vehicle you would otherwise buy. If you buy a Lightning for $50K or an F150 for $45K the cost difference that has to be made up in gas savings is only $5K.

Reactions: afoaf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
But if you are going to buy a vehicle *anyway* then your actual cost that you have to make up in gas savings is only the difference between the cost of an EV and the cost of the ICE vehicle you would otherwise buy. If you buy a Lightning for $50K or an F150 for $45K the cost difference that has to be made up in gas savings is only $5K.
That wasn’t what Biden said. He said if you can’t afford gas you should buy an EV.

Also, I’ve never bought a brand new car in my life. Probably never will.

• Love
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
“First and foremost, it’s important to understand three little words the government slips in front of the $7,500 credit – “may” and “up to.” As in, you may qualify for up to $7,500 in federal tax credit for your electric vehicle. At first glance, this credit may sound like a simple flat rate, but that is unfortunately not the case.”

MAY qualify for UP TO $7,500.

Ok. Rivian Truck starts at $79,500.

So I’m $72k out of pocket (and contrary to your belief you can’t write off a personal vehicle as a business expense).

$80 a month savings in fuel cost.

900 months.

75 years to recoup my money from the gas savings.

I’ll be 126 years old.

Isn’t it better for the planet for me to just keep my Tacoma rather than having a whole nuther car built?

Can’t afford gas? Buy this $80,000 electric truck. You‘ll “save money”.

View attachment 127128
Not to mention you're probably well into the AMT so you'll only see a fraction of the 7500.

Reactions: PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
He mentioned fuel savings.

A gas car is free?

How much is the average gas car?

30 for a piece of sh!t?

So then you have to do the savings to recoup that 20 gs.

I love how often Duffy can misread sh!t and still be so confident when he presents his next stupid idea.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
He mentioned fuel savings.

A gas car is free?

How much is the average gas car?

30 for a piece of sh!t?

So then you have to do the savings to recoup that 20 gs.

I love how often Duffy can misread sh!t and still be so confident when he presents his next stupid idea.
If you are having trouble affording gas to put in your car it implies that you already have a car, dummy.

I have a fully paid off 2004 Tacoma. According to Biden if it’s too expensive for me to fill it up I should buy a new car that is electric to “save money”.

The math doesn’t work out well.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If you are having trouble affording gas to put in your car it implies that you already have a car, dummy.

I have a fully paid off 2004 Tacoma. According to Biden if it’s too expensive for me to fill it up I should buy a new car that is electric to “save money”.

This car you already have, you got it for free?

Can you get me one too?

I have a gas guzzler.

It's cheaper for me to keep driving than buy a fuel efficient car, gas or elelctric.

You just have cut your discretionary driving.

I already have.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
This car you already have, you got it for free?

Can you get me one too?

I have a gas guzzler.

It's cheaper for me to keep driving than buy a fuel efficient car, gas or elelctric.

You just have cut your discretionary driving.

I already have.
I bought it 12 years ago for about $10K. What’s your point?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

I saw a headline today...not sure if it's true or not that it takes mining 500,000 pounds or material to make one 1000 pound Tesla battery. Are we done measuring Enviromental costs already?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

The Tacoma will run well past 300,000 miles on the original engine....probably closer to 500,000 miles. How many miles do you get out of a Tesla battery pack?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The Tacoma will run well past 300,000 miles on the original engine....probably closer to 500,000 miles. How many miles do you get out of a Tesla battery pack?
You can get 500,000 miles out of Tesla battery and not a fraction of repairs you'd have to do on a Tacoma, not to mention no oil or gas.

And not many Tacomas make 500,000 miles.

There's so much misinformation and diaper shitting over Facebook memes in this thread, it's bonkers. :socrazy:

Last edited: