Biden Inflation Explosion

Will the erBB Leftists deny it is happening or will they embrace inflation as an awesome thing?

• Deny Inflation Is Happening

• Claim Inflation Is Good

Results are only viewable after voting.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Whether the majority of Americans are better off now is measured in absurd ways to gaslight the public. The vast majority of expenses are up now in ways that are not measured in "core CPI" and have been going up for a long time as Oren Cass explains. Try telling the respondents to the Dallas Fed's survey on inflation that they're better off now, ACKSHUALLY.
Maybe we're arguing for different things. If you can figure how to reset affordability to the 1960s, let me in on the secret. Otherwise, I'll be looking at which direction things are moving compared to recent years.

Homeownership rates, for example, is better today than it was in 2018.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
@PRCD earnest comment on our Inflation/State of the Economy debate.

One new (to me) way to assess the state of the economy: bankruptcy claims.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Bidenflation doesn't exist?
that is essentially correct

the inflation due to the biden administration's policies is a rounding error compared to the massive amount of inflation cause by money printer during trump administration

plus, you can't blame biden for his administration's policies

he's senile!

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The only way chicken breast was $5 for 2# in 2020 was if you got that sweet, sweet Publix BoGo. A gallon of milk was more than $3 where shopping is a pleasure in Jan 2020 unless I am severely mistaken. I would trust the St. Louis Fed or something rather than an infographic from Grok AI but perhaps North Florida milk and chicken is funny.

that is essentially correct

the inflation due to the biden administration's policies is a rounding error compared to the massive amount of inflation cause by money printer during trump administration

plus, you can't blame biden for his administration's policies

he's senile!
Biden is to blame for his Administration's policies; he might have senior moments galore but he didn't pick his cabinet in five minutes while the ice cream dripped down the cone onto his hands while he wondered aloud if it was very humid because his hand was sticky. If you cut taxes or increase spending you just made a move that has an upward pressure on inflation.

Printer go brrr but we were all on board with that when the Republican was in office, the only opposition to it now is nakedly partisan and based on a Keynesian economic view, not any actual commitment to fiscal responsibility, and after Trump wins in November, our military will have no bullets left and our job creators will be skint broke and there will probably be another round of spending hikes and tax cuts.

I don't think the Fed is great but getting inflation back to where it is without a recession is a credit to the US economy and I'd rather have the Fed than subjecting the same decisions to the whims of MTG, AOC, or Jamie Dimon.

Reactions: mundus

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Great Value groceries?

lmao.

Is that kind of like almost real food?