Biden Inflation Explosion

Will the erBB Leftists deny it is happening or will they embrace inflation as an awesome thing?

• Deny Inflation Is Happening

• Claim Inflation Is Good

Results are only viewable after voting.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Most of America is not as fortunate and Biden's policies screwed these people. You sissies on here can put your fem spin on it but everybody did better when Trump was President.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Most of America is not as fortunate and Biden's policies screwed these people. You sissies on here can put your fem spin on it but everybody did better when Trump was President.
Not so sure about that.
Do you have the ability to cite data?

Reactions: afoaf

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Food price inflation may be down somewhat TODAY. At least not as crazy as price hikes were prior 2 years.

Just did a major super-market haul yesterday, and it was the most I've paid yet. Some items on "sale" keeping prices near same or slightly less. But many items with "normal" prices are jumped higher yet again. Seems more than a few items always jumps a dollar or so each new month.

Dining out has nearly doubled in the last 3 years. Even crappy fast food combo's have nearly doubled since 2020.

I rarely do them much, but I still can't believe what used to cost $5-6 for a fast food combo meal a few short years ago, is now no less than $10-11. Even more incentive NOT to buy those meals in desperation while on the road.

Remember just a few years ago, when the Carl's Jr high end "$6 burger" (a play on gourmet burger restaurants) was supposed to be a "deal" at maybe $4 at the most?

They had to can that marketing ploy and call them "Thickburger" instead when prices skyrocketed well past the $6 mark the last couple years. Not sure what they want for them now in the last year or 2?

We don't have those around here. Actually a good thing.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Food price inflation may be down somewhat TODAY. At least not as crazy as price hikes were prior 2 years.

Just did a major super-market haul yesterday, and it was the most I've paid yet. Some items on "sale" keeping prices near same or slightly less. But many items with "normal" prices are jumped higher yet again. Seems more than a few items always jumps a dollar or so each new month.

Dining out has nearly doubled in the last 3 years. Even crappy fast food combo's have nearly doubled since 2020.

I rarely do them much, but I still can't believe what used to cost $5-6 for a fast food combo meal a few short years ago, is now no less than $10-11. Even more incentive NOT to buy those meals in desperation while on the road.

Remember just a few years ago, when the Carl's Jr high end "$6 burger" (a play on gourmet burger restaurants) was supposed to be a "deal" at maybe $4 at the most?

They had to can that marketing ploy and call them "Thickburger" instead when prices skyrocketed well past the $6 mark the last couple years. Not sure what they want for them now in the last year or 2?

We don't have those around here. Actually a good thing.
It’s not down somewhat, it’s down significantly. It’s also 1.5% lower than it was in June 2020.

Why did Trump let this trend start?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
It’s not down somewhat, it’s down significantly. It’s also 1.5% lower than it was in June 2020.

Why did Trump let this trend start?
Posting this overall inflation chart AGAIN.

What did you say about inflation being "1.5% lower than June 2020"?

Or just "food inflation"? That "1.5% lower than 2020" was the highest food inflation month of Trumps term (4.5%).
Middle of Covid craziness, and months following into Feb 2021 were significantly less (well under 4%).

Food inflation actually dropped more in Biden's first few months riding Trumps coattails of an improving economy.
Food inflation didn't skyrocket until Sept-Oct 2021 (as a result of high oil/gas prices taking hold). Well into Biden's term.

food-inflation-2023.png

Those extended high food inflation months from late 2021, all thru 2022 and well into 2023, are what people are peeved about and the poor and lower middle class are struggling with.

Damage is done to wallets and bottom lines.

For reference far right column is average food inflation for that year. 2021-2023 combined is almost 20% increase.
More than any 2-3 year stretch in recent history. You have to go back to mid 1970's/80-81 to see those kinds of high food inflation rates.

food-inflation-1968-97.png

Welcome to the Oil embargo and Carter years.

Whole generations have no clue what those years were like, seeing food prices skyrocket year after year.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Posting this overall inflation chart AGAIN.

What did you say about inflation being "1.5% lower than June 2020"?

Or just "food inflation"? That "1.5% lower than 2020" was the highest food inflation month of Trumps term (4.5%).
Middle of Covid craziness, and months following into Feb 2021 were significantly less (well under 4%).

Food inflation actually dropped more in Biden's first few months riding Trumps coattails of an improving economy.
Food inflation didn't skyrocket until Sept-Oct 2021 (as a result of high oil/gas prices taking hold). Well into Biden's term.

View attachment 170626

Those extended high food inflation months from late 2021, all thru 2022 and well into 2023, are what people are peeved about and the poor and lower middle class are struggling with.

Damage is done to wallets and bottom lines.

For reference far right column is average food inflation for that year. 2021-2023 combined is almost 20% increase.
More than any 2-3 year stretch in recent history. You have to go back to mid 1970's/80-81 to see those kinds of high food inflation rates.

View attachment 170627

Welcome to the Oil embargo and Carter years.

Whole generations have no clue what those years were like, seeing food prices skyrocket year after year.
I have never denied inflation occurred.

our discussion is current food inflation. It’s not high. Its 1.5% lower than June 2020.

Were you complaining of high current food inflation in June 2020?

Also curious how, again, you are able to see that Covid caused food inflation under Trump but dismiss the worldwide impact of Covid under Biden? Trump had the luxury of not having to deal with the aftermath of the mess created while he was in office.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I can only get 18 months of data exported from my bank

I pack all lunches, cook breakfast and dinners

we eat out once maybe twice weekly

I micromanage my expenses and I can tell you with absolute certainty that those staple items that I purchase have remained the same price for the memorable past; I was paying particular attention to the bacon, eggs, and produce prices given that this conversation about (food) inflation has been top of mind for going on 3 years now

my bill never materially budged

I get out for about 160-190 for major resupplies

noteworthy caveat: I started mooching my neighbor's costco membership for paper goods and meat. I was always going to the butcher shop for that stuff so it was not generally part of my Von's bill to begin with. Costo prices on steelehead and ripeyes in that same period have also been flat.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
find a 4 year period in history where there Was no food inflation from start to finish
huh? i will not look for any such thing because i have zero expectation of finding it. a small amount of inflation is generally accepted to be part of a well managed currency.
do you think 25% food deflation would be good for the economy? For farmers or food producers?
the thought has never crossed my mind.

• Haha
Reactions: ElOgro

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
vanilla extract....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

hey, guys, I bought eggs, bread, and wagyu beef and my bill was FORTY WHOLE DOLLARDS

• Love
Reactions: hal9000

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
^ - The hurricanes in Madagascar about a decade ago put the hurt on vanilla production.

While it may have spurred on vanilla production in Tahiti, only in the last year or two have vanilla stocks rebounded.

Am still unsure why/how Mexican vanilla production hasn't leapt to the fore.

Reactions: hal9000

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
^ - The hurricanes in Madagascar about a decade ago put the hurt on vanilla production.

While it may have spurred on vanilla production in Tahiti, only in the last year or two have vanilla stocks rebounded.

Am still unsure why/how Mexican vanilla production hasn't leapt to the fore.
Mexico is the third largest producer after Madagascar and Indonesia. The majority is grown in Veracruz, after that Puebla then Oaxaca. I don’t know why there isn’t more production, that’s a small area.
(Not difficult to understand)