Biden Administration Dragging Economy Backwards.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Not good at math, are you?
I’m average at math but I do know that 12 straight months of declining inflation isn’t runaway inflation!

I‘m also able to tell that the rate of inflation is now just about in line with long term averages.

Reactions: afoaf

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The current inflation rate has gone down dramatically but because prices on so many things, especially groceries, remain so very much higher than they were back in pre-pandemic times, people perceive inflation as still rampant. Perception is everything.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The current inflation rate has gone down dramatically but because prices on so many things, especially groceries, remain so very much higher than they were back in pre-pandemic times, people perceive inflation as still rampant. Perception is everything.
It's rough when burgers cost the same in town as at ski resorts.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Highest inflation in the country? Florida! All deSantis's fault right Gromsdad?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
we can add economics to the list of things you're not good at!

View attachment 158274
Always believe

here’s something for you to play with, it’s even from an official source

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That’s inflation

the prices have already inflated, the rate slowing is meaningless to the average consumer

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
That’s inflation

the prices have already inflated, the rate slowing is meaningless to the average consumer
So dropping inflation is skyrocketing inflation because two years ago there was skyrocketing inflation? Lol.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Always believe

here’s something for you to play with, it’s even from an official source

once again, you totally miss the fkn point

why do you even bother arguing if you can't even follow a basic thread?

there has been a pretty steady annual rate of inflation over the last 50 years or so....this is a built-in feature of our monetary framework.

the current rate has settled back to that trendline after a big spike post-covid relief disbursements

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
once again, you totally miss the fkn point

why do you even bother arguing if you can't even follow a basic thread?

there has been a pretty steady annual rate of inflation over the last 50 years or so....this is a built-in feature of our monetary framework.

the current rate has settled back to that trendline after a big spike post-covid relief disbursements
The official answer doesn’t matter to me or anyone else when their budgets are destroyed by rising prices

How much groceries and gas cost as compared to how much they did recently is what matters

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The official answer doesn’t matter to me or anyone else when their budgets are destroyed by rising prices

How much groceries and gas cost as compared to how much they did recently is what matters
So what's your solution to force prices to fall?

Nobody is willingly taking a pay cut.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

You never blame the monopolistic corporations that are showing record profits during this period of inflation like a good little corporate serf.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

well, now you're moving the goalposts....and blaming the government for what is often a move made by corporations to extract higher profits

for the record, my grocery bill is the same. (actually lower since I started using costco every couple of weeks for staples)

my eggs are the same.

I don't really get the food inflation argument...maybe if you buy a lot of CPG you're more exposed, but I strictly shop at the edges

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The bigger issue is that wages of the average worker have not kept up with the Biden Inflation Explosion.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
well, now you're moving the goalposts....and blaming the government for what is often a move made by corporations to extract higher profits

for the record, my grocery bill is the same. (actually lower since I started using costco every couple of weeks for staples)

my eggs are the same.

I don't really get the food inflation argument...maybe if you buy a lot of CPG you're more exposed, but I strictly shop at the edges
You're either being dishonest or unobservant

Of course the problem is multivariate, but the fact is that even if we take into account expected inflation rates, food is rising at about twice that

And this is shopping at the edges of the store like you're supposed to as well

Greedflation is simply a buzzword with an attempt to place the blame of a multivariate problem. Of course companies driven by profit are going to raise prices in order to keep the profits flowing in

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus