Bethany Hamilton -- done!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
Man, I must have been about 12 and I was playing organized sports and I was like "These adults running this sh!t are fucking idiots."

And then I was done.

Before that time, I had thought that adults were not stupid idiots like kids were.

Then I was like oh. They are just grown up stupid idiots.

But it was organized sports when I got this little insight about human nature.
But you grew up in Scranton or Sheboygen, or Carlsbad, or somewhere shitty.

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
Dude, people are fucking nuts.

Are you just waking up to this fact?

Millions of people thing there is a super dad that lives in the sky who loves them. If you can believe that what can't you believe?
I can understand people having religious faith/hope in something not seen. I don't begin to believe I understand everyone's perceived experiences. Call me old fashioned, I for one believe there is something bigger and more expansive than this life. I fail to believe this is all by chance. Maybe that's a product of social construction/personal upbringing However, I don't believe we have any idea what that entity or power is, or the absolutes or truths many religious communities profess. Call me a comfortable agnostic deist I guess. Plus...I'm actually okay dieing and being wrong. :shrug: . I'd just like to believe their is something more to this.

I can't fathom having faith/hope/belief in being a female when the big D is staring me in the face every morning before a shower, and the whole XY chromosome thing. That's some serious faith/belief. I also think there is a lot of mental health issues associated with transgenderism (and even some severely religious folk), and many are quick to dismiss that which I find incredibly interesting.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can understand people having religious faith/hope in something not seen. I don't begin to believe I understand everyone's perceived experiences. Call me old fashioned, I for one believe there is something bigger and more expansive than this life. I fail to believe this is all by chance. Maybe that's a product of social construction/personal upbringing However, I don't believe we have any idea what that entity or power is, or the absolutes or truths many religious communities profess. Call me a comfortable agnostic deist I guess. Plus...I'm actually okay dieing and being wrong. :shrug: . I'd just like to believe their is something more to this.

I can't fathom having faith/hope/belief in being a female when the big D is staring me in the face every morning before a shower, and the whole XY chromosome thing. That's some serious faith/belief. I also think there is a lot of mental health issues associated with transgenderism (and even some severely religious folk), and many are quick to dismiss that which I find incredibly interesting.
So believing you are a child of a magical super god makes sense but assigning gender to yourself that goes against the social norm doesn't?

Okay.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are both fucking nuts.

Last edited:

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
From her actual remarks, it sounds like she did not read the WSL policy or could not understand it, if she did - the WSL policy on transgender athletes is quite similar to the International Olympic Committee and the International Surfing Association.

It's not an open door for men to put on a slinky dress and a dash of lipstick and enter events as a woman - far from it.

She is a neighbour island high school educated, lifelong, brainwashed Taliban-level fundamentalist Christian fascist with all that intolerance and exclusion baggage -

Besides, Bethany does not compete I'm WSL events unless by special dispensation, so who cares what she thinks?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
From her actual remarks, it sounds like she did not read the WSL policy or could not understand it, if she did - the WSL policy on transgender athletes is quite similar to the International Olympic Committee and the International Surfing Association.

It's not an open door for men to put on a slinky dress and a dash of lipstick and enter events as a woman - far from it.

She is a neighbour island high school educated, lifelong, brainwashed Taliban-level fundamentalist Christian fascist with all that intolerance and exclusion baggage -

Besides, Bethany does not compete I'm WSL events unless by special dispensation, so who cares what she thinks?
Actually it's exactly an open door for men to compete against woman. We can go through the difference between boys and girls if you want.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
So believing you are a child of a magical super god makes sense but assigning gender to yourself that goes against the social norm doesn't?

Okay.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are both fucking nuts.
I understand what you're saying and I do agree on some level. However people don't generally go around saying they've actually seen "god" except for a handful associated with writings found in various religious texts. However ,every male to female tranny can see that Johnson in the mirror, as well as many other male signifiers. That was the point I was trying to make (sophmorically). :shrug:
I believe theirs a difference in faith in things not seen -and- dick mirror.

Religion could be the Yin to dick mirror's Yang (or wang).

I'm sorry I failed. I'm a midget...what do you expect?

Last edited: