Best Flip Flops?

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Rainbows going on 15 years...they only get worn for 3 months out of the year so the math doesnt really add up but impressed they are still going strong.

Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
A little over a year with the Olukai Koko’os and the rubber straps are starting to tear in two spots. I guess that’s ok, but I’ve had rainbows last me a lot longer. I beat the shizz out of them so I guess I can’t expect too much
I wanted to check them out last year but balked at their prices. Then a couple weeks later, I hit up an Olukai warehouse sale in Carlsbad and ended up yoloing a bunch of their sandals for like $25-30 each. I tried the all-rubber Koko'o first, in the Caribbean last winter. Wanted to like them cause they are meant to be in and out of water, but the stiff rubber strap gave me a blister after 2nd day. Next.
Tried Hokua next. Those were good, nice mix of comfy materials. Keep em in the car.
Ulele is easily my favorite flipflop yet. Look nice, super comfortable. Good arch support. no break in.

Their goofy sneakers with the fold down heel were an impulse buy and they are great too. Yes, I AM that lazy nowadays. Pūnini just look like sambas but comfortable for walking all day. My DD shoes. The Kāholo look like a more aggressive trainer, but they are really light and comfortable.

Even got a pair of fuzzy clog slippers for around the house. Cozy.

Anyway, I like the brand, good quality stuff- especially at 30% of retail price! LOL.
Bit of a "Quiksilver Waterman" vibe to 'em, but maybe that's about me these days. I did wear an aloha shirt the other day. LOL

Last edited: