Best Flip Flops?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
@MathDebater posted about the bedrocks last year in this thread and I ended up getting a pair. Love em. I got the more expensive, thicker ones . Perfect for baja cactus thorns and oregon river boulder hopping. Might try the thinner version at some point. When in doubt, size up.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: oeste858

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
@MathDebater posted about the bedrocks last year in this thread and I ended up getting a pair. Love em. I got the more expensive, thicker ones . Perfect for baja cactus thorns and oregon river boulder hopping. Might try the thinner version at some point. When in doubt, size up.
In before the masturbator! From Jul 16, 2021

You can thank me in 3 years when they are still almost good as new and you would have burned through 6 pairs of flip flops.

• Love
Reactions: Aruka
Sep 20, 2019
Too much literage or too much corky epoxy?

(My phone really didn't like me typing literage, haha)
I was climbing into a panga in Nica. Rocks all over the place, at that moment I realized I F$&k ed up. Here at home oyster beds all over the place. Hard to walk in deep water with them. If the float liters are too high. Glass slippers we all know how they work.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
rainbow nylon strap dbl layer ftw. just finished a 7 day carribean cruise and they were comfy wet or dry no issues. lots of walking in port and excursions. reef fannings feel like rocks after wearing these cushy ones. if u gonna walk a lot tho just wear shoes. wife has had those rainbow eastcape for years no complaints

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I don’t know about the best but Flojos are some of the worst.

IMG_3043.jpeg

From less than 1/4 mile walk with semi-wet feet. Not pleased.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
SBD's chaco report:

About two weeks in on these puppies and so far so good. They run small so I had to exchange for a bigger size. I'd size up two liters if you're considering a pair.

Comfort: 8 out of 10. Firm deck with good support but not a super aggressive arch. Leather feels really good on the dogs and surprisingly not slippery when wet. Pressures wearing in nicely.

Straps: Good width and thickness. Not too much air drag, doesn't bog on left or right turns. Snug but not too snug. I cut this annoying tag they had on the inside and now I don't notice. Reminded me of oeste's leash strings.

Sole: kind of a weird one way pattern but they're pretty sticky. My Olukai's got slicker than snot. Glad I get to ride this with the sole that was made for the flip.

Weight: Medium. I'd say like a pu/pe build but not too heavy. Should last a long time with this glue schedule.

Pics after a nice run to the barber, chiropractor, and Sprouts.

6/7 would bang again:

IMG_7346.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

Reactions: jkb

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
SBD's chaco report:

About two weeks in on these puppies and so far so good. They run small so I had to exchange for a bigger size. I'd size up two liters if you're considering a pair.

Comfort: 8 out of 10. Firm deck with good support but not a super aggressive arch. Leather feels really good on the dogs and surprisingly not slippery when wet. Pressures wearing in nicely.

Straps: Good width and thickness. Not too much air drag, doesn't bog on left or right turns. Snug but not too snug. I cut this annoying tag they had on the inside and now I don't notice. Reminded me of oeste's leash strings.

Sole: kind of a weird one way pattern but they're pretty sticky. My Olukai's got slicker than snot. Glad I get to ride this with the sole that was made for the flip.

Weight: Medium. I'd say like a pu/pe build but not too heavy. Should last a long time with this glue schedule.

Pics after a nice run to the barber, chiropractor, and Sprouts.

6/7 would bang again:

View attachment 160042

View attachment 160043
Chacos? How are people gonna know you even sarf?

• Haha
Reactions: jkb

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
The dog that we’re fostering chewed on the back end of my daily driver Rainbows the other day, so I took it upon myself to yolo a freshie pair. Off the rack from my local shop, no custom wait time.
IMG_1713.jpeg
IMG_1715.jpeg
IMG_1714.jpeg